·
Registered
966 Posts
Awesome!

Reactions: VisualEchos

·
Registered
159 Posts
nice, but... do the fuel filler and fire suppression not sit flush against the bodywork?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice, but... do the fuel filler and fire suppression not sit flush against the bodywork?
They actually don't, as the bodywork is curved right there, and the rings are flat on the back. The larger ring has a gasket, which I actually cut to make thicker on the top and bottom so it would fit more flush, but the small ring has none. One of these days I'm going to remove them and get the sanding wheel after the backs to make them fit perfectly flush, then make custom gaskets.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They actually don't, as the bodywork is curved right there, and the rings are flat on the back. The larger ring has a gasket, which I actually cut to make thicker on the top and bottom so it would fit more flush, but the small ring has none. One of these days I'm going to remove them and get the sanding wheel after the backs to make them fit perfectly flush, then make custom gaskets.
You're far less neurotic than me. That would drive me up the wall.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're far less neurotic than me. That would drive me up the wall.
There really isn't anything I can do about it at the moment. And I'm far less neurotic than I am OCD, which you can clearly tell by looking at these pictures.

·
2006 Exige
708 Posts
"Decent shots" - so modest. Excellent shots!

OCD = moving the driver's seat back to match the passenger. It is hurting my eyes. haha.

I was just thinking of you today because I happened upon a presumably unauthorized use of one of your photos: Classifica Tsukuba Tuner Lotus giapponesi

I guess I would take it as a compliment. Always loved that pic.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I remember when you installed those. Did the OEM Cup version from Lotus fit like that?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Decent shots" - so modest. Excellent shots!

OCD = moving the driver's seat back to match the passenger. It is hurting my eyes. haha.

I was just thinking of you today because I happened upon a presumably unauthorized use of one of your photos: Classifica Tsukuba Tuner Lotus giapponesi

I guess I would take it as a compliment. Always loved that pic.
Thanks for the compliments man.

I normally have the seat forward (I'm short), but moved it back for the pictures. The problem then was that I could't see the carbon fiber on the side of the seat like I wanted to, so I moved it back forward.

Man, it always makes me feel good to see my work stolen haha, as long as they aren't selling it, or selling stuff with it.

I remember when you installed those. Did the OEM Cup version from Lotus fit like that?
Yes, as all the Cup cars started on the line just like mine, so there are no differences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts