The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting patiently for my BRP Elise to arrive. It's been delayed several times, of course. Last I heard was late October/early November, but who knows. Today I got a call from Maplecrest..."we have a car if you want it". The guy who ordered it couldn't take delivery for personal reasons. Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of an AS/red leather Elise! Not the color I ordered, but the red seats in the silver car look great! I think I'll get over it. I've been having second thoughts about BRP anyway.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Arctic Silver was my first choice and I think the red seats look great with it.

Congrats. Did you still get it for the same price?

Which means your car will be available to someone else on the list.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congratulations! great color combo too!

My dealer said almost the same thing, but it went more like this, "We have an extra car that the customer in front of you could not take ... do you want to buy it for $6k over sticker?"

Your dealer gets a big thumbs up!

Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too received the call from Maplecrest but I passed on the car since my Black/bisquit Elise will be in around December. I could not go with another color having only a 2 month wait for the one I really want. Congrats on your car.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yeah, mine was due in only a few weeks, but being that AS was my other choice, it's no loss. I think the red seats make the difference. And the price is no different. Same MSRP as I was getting with my car. Maplecrest has done a good job with everything so far. And yes, my BRP Elise will be available I assume.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Who knows you may like the color you are getting better. It happened to me on my M5 I had a chance to get one 6 months earlier but a different color not one I would had ordered. You know what, I really like the color I got!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
impressively honest dealer :clap:

Hopefully their honest dealings will turn in to good repeat business from them and other dealers will learn from the experience. I can't talk too much though because i benefitted from a dealer's greed...

-Steve

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Arctic Silver was my first choice as well - I almost chickened out on the Krypton green - Park Place had a AS with blue leather and I fell in love with it. First time I had seen the Navy leather in person and it was really nice. Still thinking about if I made the right choice...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Red/Red is outrageous on old and new 'vettes' and Ferraris. Won't be any different on a baby Lambo.....I mean
Elise!
That's jus it, the design and the lines of this car are so elegant and incredible that it can look elegant in something 'classic' like black, silver and then shine in something outrageous like CO, KG, and this red on red beauty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, just got it home! The color combination looks awesome...AS/red. My dealer did a great job with this. Actually, the sticker price did not even include the $950 price increase! (I kept my mouth shut) So when my original car comes in (Oct. 2 port date...November delivery), they will do the same, call the next people on the list in order until someone wants the car. Very cool of them. The 50 mile ride home was absolutely unbelievable. Getting in and out SUCKS, but WOW, once you're in its great. I did have a lot of people dodging in behind me to see what it was, getting up on my tail. That pissed me off a bit. And man, I hit a huge pot hole...almost broke my jaw. What a jolt! I can live with the bumps in the road though. Everything else makes up for it...it does have LSS in case you were wondering. I didn't really open it up, just about 90 mph. The dealer said there was no "breaking in" period, he said "have fun" as I was walking out. If I can figure out how to make the pictures small enough to fit on here, I will post some. Hopefully I'll take some pics tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
europa73 said:
Well, just got it home! The color combination looks awesome...AS/red. My dealer did a great job with this. Actually, the sticker price did not even include the $950 price increase! (I kept my mouth shut) So when my original car comes in (Oct. 2 port date...November delivery), they will do the same, call the next people on the list in order until someone wants the car. Very cool of them. The 50 mile ride home was absolutely unbelievable. Getting in and out SUCKS, but WOW, once you're in its great. I did have a lot of people dodging in behind me to see what it was, getting up on my tail. That pissed me off a bit. And man, I hit a huge pot hole...almost broke my jaw. What a jolt! I can live with the bumps in the road though. Everything else makes up for it...it does have LSS in case you were wondering. I didn't really open it up, just about 90 mph. The dealer said there was no "breaking in" period, he said "have fun" as I was walking out. If I can figure out how to make the pictures small enough to fit on here, I will post some. Hopefully I'll take some pics tomorrow. :D
no break in required? What about when you go back for your 1,000 - 1,500 mile checkup. Might not they say, you didn't follow break in instructions?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
no break in required? What about when you go back for your 1,000 - 1,500 mile checkup. Might not they say, you didn't follow break in instructions?
Again, the dealer might not say anything. But when that warranty claim rolls around, Lotus will say, "did you read the manual?"

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lots of luck with your Elise.

Maplecrest has apparently done the right thing. They went right down the list in order and called to ask if that depositor wanted the car...at MSRP. Something S&S should have done with their last car that went to someone way down on the list that doesn't even have an order in yet.

Still waiting for my Storm Titanium and at 50 degrees this AM in Jersey, it'll only sit in the garage 'til next spring anyway.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
The break-in instructions are pretty vague and liberal, but there *are* instructions, and since the data will be forwarded to Lotus, you need more than the dealer's "don't worry".

In short: until there are 600 miles on the car, keep the revs down (4000rpm) and go easy with the throttle. Even then, it's OK to briefly use more throttle and/or higher rpms. After 600 miles, higher rpms are OK, but only for brief periods of time - run it to redline, but shift to a lower gear, don't leave the engine in the high rpm range. No track days.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
That's a great dealer you guys have there to actually offer wait list people the car first.
Chris
Not only that, but it's nice to see there are dealers like this out there. It's so easy for us to constanty rant and vent about "gift" this and that and this dealers crappy behavior and not mention somebody who does something decent like this. Kudos indeed.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
MattG said:
The break-in instructions are pretty vague and liberal, but there *are* instructions, and since the data will be forwarded to Lotus, you need more than the dealer's "don't worry".

In short: until there are 600 miles on the car, keep the revs down (4000rpm) and go easy with the throttle. Even then, it's OK to briefly use more throttle and/or higher rpms. After 600 miles, higher rpms are OK, but only for brief periods of time - run it to redline, but shift to a lower gear, don't leave the engine in the high rpm range. No track days.
To clarify, I think Matt is referring to the period between 600 and 1000 miles, when he says "No track days", etc. After 1000 miles I think that common sense should of course hold, but there aren't any restrictions AFAIK.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts