The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: Re: Got a ride in the Federal Elise yesterday!

ya hachu said:
Why? tire pressure:confused:
I believe it is a federal regulation now. I too feel it is unnecessary for the people that will be driving an Elise but NHTSA can't stereotype cars and their likely drivers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Goose said:
Sounds like the tire pressure warning system is to fend off liability issues. I never checked - I assume the Elise does not have a spare of any kind, correct?

Assuming this is correct, I'm sure Lotus is trying to keep the few fools that would have a blowout due to under-inflated tires from blaming them.

I think the law is more emmisions oriented than it is for liability issues, but you have to think the Ford/Bridgestone fiasco had something to do with it. And no the Elise will not have a spare tire just a can of fix-a-flat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
OOPS, I forgot to congratulate Mick.

Thanks for posting your experience, you lucky [email protected]$tard. It's safe to say we are all jealous!!

p.s. If you could find out some more info of when the truck is heading over to Cali with the car I'm sure a few of us would like to see/hijack it:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm not hurt much by losing the fog lights, I thought they looked of poor quality from the pictures I've seen. On the plus side the Exige grill should fit now, right? No need to remove or cut out for the fogs.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Me likey!!:D

The front is much cleaner/sexier without the driving lamps. Clyde is right those exhaust tips will have to go. I also hope they change the rear badge to L O T U S for our cars, it looks too empty back there. In case you didn't noticed it does have the proper guage set in it tach reads to 10K:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.