The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I like that Bordeaux Red. Rethinking color preference.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for the links to the photos! The center exhaust looks better than I thougt it would. I'm not too fond of the Lotus badge on the rear, with the small print "Elise" on the right rear of the bumper. I like the L O T U S spelled out across the back better.

I'm not sure if I like the little design behind the driver's head on the driver's side sail panel (is that what they are called?). I don't recall seeing that on the two Elises that have been here in Tampa. Is that new, or have I just not noticed before?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It's some little badge signifying some 'Queen's Award for Design Excellence' or something like that. Some award the Elise received in England. It won't be on the Federal Elise could have just been a one-off or on a short run of Elises.

Clyde also brought a bunch of UK Elise marketing brochures for us to sample. These brochures also had this little emblem on them on the back.

Just Lotus tooting it's horn.

·
Registered
607 Posts
FederalElise said:
Hey... the interior seems nice. I don't know what people mean by spartan interior, it's definately not the Ritz but it's more than adequate.
Yes, it's an elegant and handsome interior, imo.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Clyde also said that Lotus has not yet decided what interior colors will be offered in the US, but probably not as many choices as Europe gets.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Me likey!!:D

The front is much cleaner/sexier without the driving lamps. Clyde is right those exhaust tips will have to go. I also hope they change the rear badge to L O T U S for our cars, it looks too empty back there. In case you didn't noticed it does have the proper guage set in it tach reads to 10K:eek:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
That's a great color!! Also, the change in the slope of the front access panels (to facilitate condensor, booster or whatever) is barely noticeable compared to the standard euro 111S.
Chris

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I definitely like the exhaust tips. They look great in person. I can't decide on the fog lights. They will probably help visability at night, but then another part of me says they're sorta unnecessary and add complexity and weight to the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess I might have been reading too much into it, but I thought part of the reason for having the steep angle on those two front panels was to provide downforce on the front of the car. Will a less severe angle mean less downforce on the front? Or does the horizontal radiator design provide any downforce to begin with? I always thought that was the whole point, but I guess it could just be for keeping the nose of the car low to the ground.

·
Registered
169 Posts
First thanks for the pics and report. Great stuff.

My thoughts on the pictures.
Wine is a nice color, but not in the running for my choice.
Crome exhaust tips are better than what I've seen in the R&T, but the wide spaced ones on the euro model are better. Oh well. I'll take it if that's how we get the Toyota engine.
Lotus lettering on the back looks MUCH MUCH better than the badge. I really hope we get the lettering now that I"ve seen it in person (at the autoshow).
Interior looks much nicer than what I've seen in person. It looks great in the pictures.
The new cover in the front looks quite a bit different. It's hard to tell how it's held down. Since the Euro one was one of the worst visual elements in the car, I'm to worried about it changing, but it's hard to tell if it's an improvement. The front grill looks great though.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
One nice thing is how the soft top seems to have been improved. I'm not planning on buying a hardtop (perhaps an aftermarket 'gul wing') So a nice, comfortable, functional, quick on and off top is a definite boon.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
khamai said:
Okay... I love all these pixs!!! But... where's a photo of the engine!??!??!?!?

Kiyoshi
We all got to stare and drool and listen to the engine all we wanted, but Clyde requested that no pictures be taken inside the engine compartment. Not sure why, nothing special to see. Toyota engine, luggage compartment, small tool set and the battery under a cover.:rolleyes: It looked just like the picture of the engine compartment from Road&Track.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
MotorCade said:
How did it sound? Just curious.

Cade
Really good. Not the hyper whine of a Ferrari V12 or a deep as a V8, but somewhere in the middle.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.