The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,244 Posts
mopalak said:
Really good. Not the hyper whine of a Ferrari V12 or a deep as a V8, but somewhere in the middle.
I went searching the internet for some kind of clip that would let me hear what the Celica GT-S sounds like. This is what I found:
http://www.everythingcelica.com/gal2/albums/video/Celica_GT_S_vs_Eclipse_GS.mpg

Sort of a silly video, but the sound is good. I believe the car is stock, but who knows.

Does the prototype sound even remotely like this? I realize the differences in components of the two cars, but I'm still curious anyway. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
Joined
·
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Actually, it did sound quite a bit like that. That's suprising considering that the Elise has an entirely new intake and exhaust system.
 

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
Joined
·
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Two more details have leaked out of my memory regarding my ride in the Federal Elise.

Clyde said that the fuel filler cap, as seen in the Bordeaux Red pictures, will be different in the production model. He wouldn't say how it was different but suggested that it would have a chrome or brushed aluminium finish look to it.

Also, the Federal car has two tiny little sun visors. They aren't even noticable in the pictures, but they're there. They're mostly useless. They're black with a felt-like material on them. They're about a foot wide and only 2" - 3" deep. Clyde said that they're required by the Federal government, so Lotus added them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,744 Posts
mopalak said:
Also, the Federal car has two tiny little sun visors. They aren't even noticable in the pictures, but they're there. They're mostly useless. They're black with a felt-like material on them. They're about a foot wide and only 2" - 3" deep. Clyde said that they're required by the Federal government, so Lotus added them.
Oooh, something else to remove.

Funny, I imagine my first weekend with the elise will be tearing stupid US add-ons out of it. The following weekend will be the actual road trip.
 

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
Joined
·
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Oh yeah, one more thing.

Clyde said that the engine has a 8300 rpm redline, but the ECU will allow it to go up to 8500 under certain conditions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the computer to have the cams switch over earlier. Only 2000rpms in the sweet zone is too short.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,985 Posts
tidalwdave said:
Is there a way to adjust the computer to have the cams switch over earlier. Only 2000rpms in the sweet zone is too short.
What I've heard from the Celica people is that moving the transition point more than a few hundred RPMs lower leaves a big hole in the torque curve. If the change over happens at 6K, then they've found at 5K, for example, that the 2nd cam makes less power than the first. At least in the Celica application, the crossover is at pretty close to the ideal point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
mopalak said:
Oh yeah, one more thing.

Clyde said that the engine has a 8300 rpm redline, but the ECU will allow it to go up to 8500 under certain conditions.
I suppose that condition would be when the gas pedal is on the floor??
 
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top