The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Losus Cars USA this am asking about specific info on my car, they referred me to Gary Hagen. Gary was very nice and helpful. My car is a September build car and the order is correct.
Laser Blue color #P11377 black std int, Sport pak. I asked if I could delete the radio as I have heard from some listers, he said "not at this time". He also said that hethel had promised 90 cars a month and the most they have received is 75. He was a little discouraged but hopeful that Hethel would eventually catch up.
I now feel much better about my wait. I do know however that if my car is produced in September(even early sept) then I more than likley wont be driving it until November with shipping, port process, and trucking still to go. That would coincide with the other lister that said his Laser Blue car wasn't coming until November. :( :clap: :wallbang:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Perry -

That's really good info, thank you -as a reference point, could you tell us when you placed your deposit, when you placed your order, who your dealer is and any info you may have as to their allocation etc ?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I placed my dep on April 15th on an existing order silver car(got lucky with a cancellation). I changed my order on or around June 15 to Laser/sport. I am car #8 at BMC of San Francisco. Not sure about their allocation. I know they were a Lotus dealer in the 60's but may have recently become a "new dealer".
BMC has received only two cars to my knowledge(red/blk demo and green/bis cust car)..

·
Registered
431 Posts
So now for the big question, is it possible for any of us take the same path to get better info on our build dates? That would be super helpful if we can.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What's the phone number?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Transio,
I also would have no problem buying a car at well over MSRP if I could find the right car as others have done.. So long as it doesn't adversly affect anyone elses list position.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I was going to do my own legwork and look up Lotus USA, but I did want to ask if you got any feeling that Lotus would welcome or detest such calls? Did they say "Here's your info, don't tell anyone we told you or our phones will ring off the hook" or perhaps... perhaps..

"Thank goodness you called! We can't go over your dealer's head and contact you, since we need and value a positive relationship with our dealers, but we want you to be informed happy customers, so --- here is the information you need for your planning. Have a nice day."

I intend to call tomorrow and see for myself.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
perryeyges said:
I don't see what that has to do with the fact that you have a 7 month wait for your Elise while I've apparently got a 24 month wait for mine, and I got on the wait list several months before you.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
transio said:
I don't see what that has to do with the fact that you have a 7 month wait for your Elise while I've apparently got a 24 month wait for mine, and I got on the wait list several months before you.
Damn right. I'm with you Steve. I'll have a 30 month wait, and others has a 7 month wait to get a car at the same time, all because they placed a deposit with some new dealer????

Grrrrrr.........

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think it will become very apparent in the coming months that some of us "chose poorly" in selecting a dealership, through no fault of our own, based on the complete lack of insight available to us at the time.

I'm hearing really huge disparities in the number of cars being delivered, and I fear the variation will become obvious soon enough.

I have a whole lot of strong feelings about this, and no solutions.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I was looking at the same wait as you guys, but I decided to jump on the Galpin list to see if I could cut the wait back by 4-6 months. Looks like it may happen (fingers crossed).

I decided to do it after so many others did the same with Desert Motors (?). While they didn't effect my wait, it was frustrating to watch.

If another dealer opens near you guys (Mr. English said he hopes to add ten more), jump on it. If you don't, others will.

Should you be frustrated that I cut 6 months off my sentence, or that others who weren't waiting suddenly jump ahead of you ? Yes. I was when others did it.

I decided to be a hypocrite so I could get my Elise sooner.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
where, when, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Gromit said:
Should you be frustrated that I cut 6 months off my sentence, or that others who weren't waiting suddenly jump ahead of you ? Yes. I was when others did it.
I don't begrudge anyone they're connections, list position, happenstance, or smart moves. I'm one of many people (raise your hands) that really really regrets not calling Galpin at the first hint that they might put up a Lotus sign. Kick myself daily, acually.

Believe me, I check EliseTalk every hour for the first word of a new dealership anywhere in the continental US. That will be me busying up the phone line.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I, too, talked with Gary today, who returned an earlier call I had made to him. Gary is Lotus' west coast guy. His phone number is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

I am #5 at Boardwalk in Redwood City, CA. Gary confirmed my color (yellow) & LSS option, and said that my car would be built in August and delivered in September. He also confirmed that my order is truly Boardwalk's fifth car, which was nice to know.

He explained that the delay in the LSS cars was due to some problems on some of the first wheels, and that they were inspecting very carefully now.

It was a great relief to talk with someone who was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, now if we're gonna compare total wait times...

Then I think we need to.

I put my deposit down early april 02.

Now i'm hearing Sept or Oct build date which means Nov/Dec delivery.

Well over 30 total months.

Anyone else longer?

Robert

1 - 20 of 62 Posts