The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOT MINE!! THKS Lotus of Atlanta& Lotus USA!

Ok guys, I was asked not to release any info until after 0600 est today.

Couple weeks ago, Lotus of Atlanta and LCU contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in being the first to receive a customer car in the US!! As you can guess, didn't take long to say yes.

At any rate, met up with Chris C. and Eric at Lotus of Atlanta, we drove over to LCU about 1330. We all were standing around, just talking with some photogs that were covering th event. Johh, Mark, Clyde and Rick of LCU were on hand, they wouldn't let me into the back to see my car being prepped. Finally at about 1415 they brought the car out to reception, man what a sight!! Lots of pics were taken for PR purposes and I had this massive sh** eating grin on my face the whole time. After loads of pics got in for a spin, got some gas, said my goodbyes and headed home for 140 mile drive.

The first 600 miles they recommend running up to moderate throttle, varying the speeds, with short runs at higher rpms, say don't really get into the cams until after 600 miles. If you guys recall, I had the opportunity to drive a test mule last September. I really forgot just how quick this car is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!!!! I was up over a hundred in the blink of an eye, engine wasn't even working hard and I wasn't close to the cams kicking in. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The run home was great, got lots of thumbs up and waves from people on the way home.

Unfortunately I have to work today so I'm keeping this short, will post lots of detail pics tonight!!

BTW> IF you have doubts about getting the clearbra, YOU HAVE TO GET THE CLEARBRA, the installation is so well done that you can't see any of the seams unless really close up. A neat touch is a tiny 1/2" lotus symbol watermark (you have to really look to see it) on the corner of each piece. Well worth it.

I really want to thank all the guys at LCU and big thanks to Chris and Eric of Lotus of Atlanta, they've made buying this car a wonderful experience for me!!

I also want say a special thanks all the folks at LCU and especially thank Arnie J for all his work to getting these wonderful cars in the US!!!!

Wonderful car!!
BTW> Stuck in rush hour traffic, water temp never went over 215F in bumper to bumper.

Chris - who's face is getting sore from having a massive smile since yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eric of Lotus of Atlanta beside me. IN the background are all the LCU staff and LOA gang, Chris Constantin is in their too!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
you lucky b*st*rd !

congratulations:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
60 Posts
:clap:

Now this BBS is going to the next level - really looking forward to your posts during the next days !

enjoy - but don't exaggerate it...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow congratulations Chris ! You are one lucky guy, you must feel like you've won the lottery today ! But actually, you really earned this one, being diligent and on the ball (proactive). The car looks great, man.

BTW, I was one of those guessing that you would be the first customer to get his/her car !:p

Keep sending more details and info, please...

So who's next ?

Cheers, Mike G.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to add guys,

Mix of dealer demo and customer cars still slated to start leaving for dealerships today or tomorrow. Do be aware tho, they won't all be leaving at one time. It was explained to me, once the cars are released, the trucking company picks up cars/or cars based on destination and route, so sometime next week should be some happy campers out there!
Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can see now as deliveries are finally coming in and pictures are being posted, reality hits, and WE ARE GETTING OUR CARS!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

(kinda makes the wait a little more painful though:( )

Congrats Chris!:cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
it's so nice to know the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel is NOT the train, it's an ELISE!!!!!! wooh hooo!! rotfl rotfl

·
Registered
156 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Forgot to add guys,

Mix of dealer demo and customer cars still slated to start leaving for dealerships today or tomorrow. Do be aware tho, they won't all be leaving at one time. It was explained to me, once the cars are released, the trucking company picks up cars/or cars based on destination and route, so sometime next week should be some happy campers out there!
Chris
Excellent! Congrats again!

How many hours between Atlanta and West Palm Beach? ~10 hours? *sets watch* =)

Maybe I should go up there and help clear traffic so that I can get my test drive sooner.

·
Registered
107 Posts
fcukin jealous of you chris...

i know how you lot feel.....

dont get mine for another 3 weeks as well!!!:( :( :( :(

and i have to drive around in a sh*tty boxster s:mad: :mad: :mad:

as seloc chris...:clap: :clap: :clap: .....go pull some babes!!

tittyburt

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Congratulations, clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please take lots of pictures of the interior. I am getting the exact same car and want to see what the biscuit interior looks like.

Also some of what the clearbra looks like. with the logo

Now I know why you were willing to bet that you would have the car in time!:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Congratulations! :bow: :clap: :bow:

And guys, please try to keep the "who knows a good bodyshop that can repair fibreglass :crazyeyes " threads away for a little while, yes? Hmm? :wave:

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
YEAH!! THEY"RE HERE, THEY"RE HERE.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats on being the first. :bow: :bow: I'm extremely jealous but who cares?:huh:

I'd tell you to enjoy but that seems really unnecessary.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
And guys, please try to keep the "who knows a good bodyshop that can repair fibreglass :crazyeyes " threads away for a little while, yes? Hmm? :wave:
Arno, wanna bet on a date ?
This *will* happen, it is just a piece of Elise ownership (as you and me DO know :D).

I think a lot of people will now watch the US getting used to the Elise and how much material this takes. Remember the offs 1997 in UK and Europe... write-offs on a regular basis... :eek:

DRIVE CAREFULLY OUT THERE !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats M8!

How's it feel to be the first kid on the block (in the US) with this beauty.

Like the "classic" colour scheme of red and biscuit

Would really like to see photos - especially interested in the interior and the differences in US spec to ROW.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I think it's good know that they're finally getting here. I can't even begin to tell how excited the Lotus USA folks!!!!!!! Imet Rick macleish who's the new east coast dealer rep. Came from Saab. I really wanted to convey how hard they're working to get everything set, and I think as we all understand it' s a pretty steep learning curve. The new computer system coming on line should be a big help at inventory control and info.

XXX, the interior is great, from memory I think the dash is slightly different from the press launch cars in that the facings on the dash, which are plastic, have a perfed texture to them to match the door panels, looks quite nice. the dash area going up to the windscreen has kind of a rubber matte texture to it which is quite nice and reduces glare.

I've got to stop and back to work, tho I'd rather be playing. WIll take good detail shots tonight tomorrow.

Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
chris a few words of advice!!

be ready for ANYTHING to pull out in front of you...

the liz is VERY low (i know you know this!) but people in a standard american car won't be looking for a low sleak sports car when pulling out of junctions!!
its bad enough over here - people just dont see you!!

and

if behind a massive 4X4 (suv i think you call them) and it starts reversing towards you.....

PANIC!!!!

not trying to put you off but your driving awareness will shoot up over night!!

have fun

(still jealous)

burt

1 - 20 of 182 Posts