The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But now she's 2500 miles away from me.:(

I picked her up last Wednesday from Autostrada, Cade stopped by on his way out of Austin so it was good to meet him. Then I took the long way to San Antonio and got a room at Brooks AFB for a few days.

Thursday I drove to Del Rio on US 90, went north on US 377 to Mason (the stretch from Rock Springs to Junction had some great curves and hills, you don't want to do it if there is any threat of rain though...lots of flood guages along the road) then US 87 to Fredricksburg, US 290 to Johnson City and finally US 281 back to San Antonio. A nice 500 mile trip.

Friday I went back to Austin, again the long way, and arrived at Autostrada with 880 miles on the clock. After the initial service I hit I 35 north and made it to Wichita, KS where I spent the night at McConnell AFB. Saturday I took I 135 to Salina and I 70 to Burlington, CO. From there back on the US highways 385 to Wray and 34 to Loveland, so I could avoid Denver. I had enough stop and go city traffic due to accidents in Waco and OK City and rush hour in Ft Worth.

It was wonderful to get off the Interstate, and there was hardly any traffic until I got to Greeley.

I had a few days in Ft Collins with my sister and came home last night. The Elise is safely garaged there for the winter. I will get to drive her again over Thanksgiving and after that I won't be back down there until April.

I'll attach a few photos here, since people were chiding Cade for not having any LRG pictures in his thread.

Here is me with Andrew when I picked the car up at Autostrada.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Congrats, nice car:clap:

Elise talk seems to be such a happy place these days:D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rest area just south of Ft Worth, where I stopped to put the top on. I could see the rain up ahead. And yes, it is water tight.:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleaned up, at my sister's. Waiting for the baby sitters so she and I could go for a drive and get dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At her winter den. She'll go into full hibernation after Thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to mention how great the folks at Autostrada are. They always kept me informed when they got any information, and were happy to talk when I called them and they didn't have anything new.

When I flew into Austin to pick up the Elise, I was met at the airport by Crockett (it was about 10:30pm and I was too tired to join the Autostrada staff for a night out with David Simkin), Crockett picked me up at my hotel on his way into work the next morning as well.

As I was waiting for everything to get taken care of; I had a great conversation with Bo, fun looking at all the other cars, and Andrew got my stereo box packaged up to be mailed home along with some of the Lotus stuff I bought.

Patrick hard wired my Valentine 1 power supply, properly soldered, not clamped like the kit comes with.

It is definately worth the trip to Austin for anyone still looking for a good, reputable dealer. The folks at Autostrada are true enthusiasts who want to see the cars go to people who will enjoy them, rather than just the person who is willing to pay the most for them.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
congratulations...looked like a fun drive,BTW I really like the LRG,enjoy it as much as you can :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pictures! That Green really looks nice. The Elise looks nice in so many different colors.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts