The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after a month of waiting for the car to get through Australian complaince I got it last Thursday. It is very very good.

I will give a full report shortly, but here are the few few pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just 2 questions

1. Is that Saffron or Lightning?

2. Whose Dingo is that?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
looks incredible... I can't wait... thanks for the pics...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
wait a minute - is that dog doing what I think he is to your car?:D

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
That's the car I ordered! More photos and impressions when you have time please! :cool:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sure looks nice with no wheel reflectors on it. :mad:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ACP - You've got some big ones to parallel park behind that family truckster! Hope they look back when they leave!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Big Congrats to you ACP, will be interested to hear your impressions when you have the time!!
CHeers
Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok here we go.

Got the car last Thursday and have done about 230kms so far. Compared to my S1, it's a much better car all around. Ride and handling is truly exceptional and steering - well just wait and see!

The build quality is very good for a largely hand built car. I haven't nailed it yet but have gone up to about 5,000rpm. It's pretty quick but its true performance is about another 1,000kms away.

Couple of bad points. The gear lever shifting mechanism is very deliberate and takes a bit of getting used to. Think it'll be great once it's worn in a bit though. The sound from the stereo is not outrageously good (doubt mainy will care though!). The standard exhaust sounds better than a standard K series one but will definately be changing to a sports exhaust once they're available.

The attention it gets is amazing - probably one of the best looking cars on the planet. Had two Vanquishes (of all things)tempting me to race on two different days - my word they do sound good.

Let me know if you have any questions or want any specific photo's taken.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Did you get the touring option? I am definately getting saffron yellow. Was previously thinking of red/ST. Any pics of anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congrats! The Elise sure is a stunning sports car.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
ACP, congradulations. Doesn't this mean the 111R/Federal Elise production lines have already been started?

When Lotus says the will product 3,000 Federal Elises a year, that does not include the 111R, right? :confused:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
ivan1 said:
wait a minute - is that dog doing what I think he is to your car? :D
I thought the same thing when I saw the picture, looks like doggy is getting ready to mark the territory. :p

The car looks awesome, thanks for the pictures!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts