The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove down from Oakland to LA with the missus and picked up an 05 Elise (Ardent red, touring, sport, 5k miles) yesterday from Newport European in LA. I'll post pictures soon, but I was so happy with my experience at Newport that I just wanted to plug Newport on this thread.

If you ever consider buying an Elise, I would highly recommend Kevin & co at Newport. I was nervous, but, Kevin is an honest, stand-up guy who has that knack of making you feel at ease right away. They are an outstanding bunch and I am really happy with how things worked out.

BTW, love the car!

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good news

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with them. I am looking to purchase my first Lotus (05 -06 Elise or Exige). Did you happen to test drive and/or see any others on their lot you'd recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
so you're the bastard who got that car. i was calling about it when you were checking it out apparently.

sigh. congrates =\

dont forget to post some more pictures.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with them. I am looking to purchase my first Lotus (05 -06 Elise or Exige). Did you happen to test drive and/or see any others on their lot you'd recommend? Thanks!
I did not test drive the car beforehand, but I had my mind made up before I took the long road to LA that I'll drive away with the car as long as it checked out ok in person (which it more than did). A buddy of mine was kind enough to let me drive his Elise (user rnr on the forums), so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into. I'm sure that Kevin would have been more than happy to oblige with a test drive if I had asked.

Their lotus inventory:
Lotus Newport Beach California : Exige : Elise : Club Car : Orange County Lotus Dealer : Newport European Lotus

Preowned list:
Lotus Newport Beach California : Exige : Elise : Club Car : Orange County Lotus Dealer : Newport European Lotus

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you're the bastard who got that car. i was calling about it when you were checking it out apparently.

sigh. congrates =\

dont forget to post some more pictures.
:) Small world. Will post the pics soon.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
congrats on the wife(girlfriend).........oh and the car :clap:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats on one sexxxxxy machine!!!!!!!!!!! Love the second photo from the top. Best of luck with your new ride. Also, love the wheels.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Drove down from Oakland to LA with the missus and picked up an 05 Elise (Ardent red, touring, sport, 5k miles) yesterday from Newport European in LA. I'll post pictures soon, but I was so happy with my experience at Newport that I just wanted to plug Newport on this thread.

If you ever consider buying an Elise, I would highly recommend Kevin & co at Newport. I was nervous, but, Kevin is an honest, stand-up guy who has that knack of making you feel at ease right away. They are an outstanding bunch and I am really happy with how things worked out.

BTW, love the car!

Jay
Saw that car when I was down at Newport Euro about a month ago. Great looking car and it was priced very well too! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Great looking car! Congrats and have fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, guys. Appreciate the comments and glad to be part of this forum.

Wasn't exactly the 'family car' the missus had in mind. Took some creative stubborness and bargaining to make it happen ;-)

Man, the car is fantastic. Took it for a spirited drive earlier today - still have a smile on my face.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts