The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was puttering along (well, actually buzzing along pretty quickly) through the twisties by my house when I stumbled upon a hopped up newer Z28. He sees me, and punches it, like he's going to lose me through the twisties. That made me smile and also got my interest. Anyhow, 10-12 turns later the road dumped us out to a stop sign to start down a straight two laner.

So now we enter the road, and this guy lights up his tires, literally. If he can't lose me through the twisties, CERTAINLY he can dump me off a standing start, right? Ummm, no. I stayed glued to his bumper until halfway through 3rd, when I walked the dog on by. I know it was juvenile, but it was so damned much fun! The guys passes me in town, mouth agape as he tries to figure out what whupped him (my L O T U S on the back has not yet been replaced). What a nice drive on a Sunday night! :D

Was I in the cams? Uh huh. Did I speed? umm, yep. Was it worth it? Yep!! Flame away!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:D

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, okay. They didn't light up literally. They did burn and smokeas they spun. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Cool!

No flames here. This is not the Nadernet, or a MINI forum.:D

John

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: Got my flame suit on...

pinmagic said:
You're just lucky I'm out of town, so I can't respond to your post.

Oh, wait. Never mind. :D
You're evil, funny nontheless.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Don't remove your suit just yet......It's sunday night and their church (Church of MF...er's against speeding Elise drivers) hasn't let out yet. They'll be here soon draggin' a rope behind them!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Jer...somehow I can't imagine you ever doing something like this...NOT.

That guy is still wondering what happened!

"Some punk in a kit car with nitrous was driving crazy the other day...I had to *slow down* so I could keep an eye on him...who knows what he was gonna do next..."

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL Stan!

And wow, I'm not on fire! The nicest part was that I did NOT have to do a standing start to keep up with him. Our car is crazy fast. I think everyone gets lost in the fantastic handling and forget that even with a soft launch the Elise is less than 5 seconds to 60. Compare that to the blazing fast new Mustang, which takes 5.5 seconds to get to 60! Man am I blessed to have my Liz.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
unless of course you have the biggest cajones...thus making them the big kahunacojones

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
LOL! awesome! I can't wait to do this stuff! Damn, i can't wait for this car any longer!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts