The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up Friday lunchtime, by Sunday night, had 1024 miles on it. Drove a nice big loop thru the Rockies. What a dream come true! :nanner2: Monday morning for the 1000 mile service, and now I'm right at about 1500 miles in less than a week. Love the car, and it was worth the nearly 3 month wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice!!! Looks like you will have the motor run in done in record time!!!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
congrats!

looks great...

did you notice the miniscule digital speedometer in km/hr adjacent to the fuel gauge?:confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congrats!

looks great...

did you notice the miniscule digital speedometer in km/hr adjacent to the fuel gauge?:confused:

yup.
i thought i would be able to toggle back and forth between km/hr and mph. mashed the magic button in front of the key, but no success.

when all else fails RTFM? :shrug:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I read over the manual and the 2008/elise SC supplements...it does change to other functions, but speedometer in MPH is not one of them... I cant imagine looking down when you are driving trying to read it anyhow .......

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful!!! :clap:

What kind of tires are those? Sport-packs don't have Advan A048s anymore? :confused:
Thank you, I ordered the car. Other serious color coices were orange or yellow (both WAY more common it seems than than Laser Blue :shrug:)
No. They come with the 07's now. If you check on the factory website, I think the only way you get 048s is on an Exige now.

I have the 2008 Lotus Vehicle Order form that was submitted by the dealer for build, and there is not a tick box for tire choice, only Sport Pack, Touring Pack, etc.

I'm sure anything is custom order option from anyone these days, but apparently Lotus makes it difficult to request this specific tire substitution.

At this point, I don't care, cause I am still learning the car. I'm sure I'll wear them off fast enough, but since I am not tracking the car YET, These 07's seem to make really great street tires, and I have no complaints.

what a wonderful motor in this car. It's quite remarkable.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thank you, I ordered the car. Other serious color coices were orange or yellow (both WAY more common it seems than than Laser Blue :shrug:)
No. They come with the 07's now. If you check on the factory website, I think the only way you get 048s is on an Exige now.

I have the 2008 Lotus Vehicle Order form that was submitted by the dealer for build, and there is not a tick box for tire choice, only Sport Pack, Touring Pack, etc.

I'm sure anything is custom order option from anyone these days, but apparently Lotus makes it difficult to request this specific tire substitution.

At this point, I don't care, cause I am still learning the car. I'm sure I'll wear them off fast enough, but since I am not tracking the car YET, These 07's seem to make really great street tires, and I have no complaints.

what a wonderful motor in this car. It's quite remarkable.

I have a laser-blue car, too. I just washed and waxed the car yesterday... the color looks so stunning.

Again congrats on your new car! :clap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts