The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got One Today - Pics

What a blast! I just sold my 500+ hp 996 twin turbo and this car is in a different league when it comes to entertainment. From the looks to the handling to the sound of winding that lil' engine up to 8,000 rpm's. :bow:

It's storm titanium, red interior, touring package. Should have some pics tomorrow.

Matt

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congratulations Matt!
I had a 996 and a 993 still love them but at least around here you have to yawn looking at P-cars, they are a dime a dozen! The little Elise is a totally different animal and soo exclusive! I bet you are going to have to beat the women with a bat to keep them away from you in an Elise! Err, I'm married and not supposed to be interested in that aspect of the Elise ownership!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the car!

Take it easy during break-in and I look foward to seeing some pics.

-Eric *jealous*

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats! And your accolades about the Elise after owning a twin-turbo 996... that's saying quite a bit! :)

BTW, I *SOOOO* hate you right now! :p OK, that was the jealous, shallow, evil Bob speaking out...:eek:

Have fun, drive safe and tell us more! :D

Bob

·
Registered
129 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS, Matt. I am happy for you and your new car. I was the other Porsche owner talking with you today in the showroom. My son said that he saw you out driving the Elise this evening. Please post your observations on here, and let us other Dallasites know what you think.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
What a kick ass car!!
I was going to get the red int with silver ext, but changed to Laser Blue/blk.. The red looks tooooo sweeeet....:drool: :drool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sorry Matt, but you just helped to promote all that is wrong at Overseas (and w/ other greedy dealers). Enjoy your car and the extra $10K in depreciation.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Clovis said:
Sorry Matt, but you just helped to promote all that is wrong at Overseas (and w/ other greedy dealers). Enjoy your car and the extra $10K in depreciation.
move to china if you have a problem with it. this is a capitalist society. MSRP is just that, a suggested retail price...get over it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Congrats Matt, I saw the car as it was offered to me as well. But I really want LSS, HardTop.

At the time it was at $8K, if you don't mind me asking, how much over did you get it at? Not that it matters but just to know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Clovis said:
The premium I paid wouldn't have come close to covering the sales tax on the other cars I was considering. One of those was the Ford GT, the premium on it is the price of the Elise.

p.s. Didn't pay $10k over
p.s.s Going to drive my Elise now. What are you doing?
p.s.s.s. This is all in jest!

:p

·
Registered
327 Posts
MJC123 said:
The premium I paid wouldn't have come close to covering the sales tax on the other cars I was considering. One of those was the Ford GT, the premium on it is the price of the Elise.

p.s. Didn't pay $10k over
p.s.s Going to drive my Elise now. What are you doing?
p.s.s.s. This is all in jest!

:p
I thought all of the Enron execs (crooks) lived in Houston.
What are you doing in Dallas? Oh wait -- that's just one of your locations. I guess you'll keep the Ford GT at your California home? What do you keep in Montana?

...some of us don't crap money :bow:

Enjoy your car. I'm sure everyone appreciates you slipping the Maitre'D' $50 to avoid the wait for a table. The rest of us will be at the bar.:no:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts