The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2011 Lotus Elise R. The car has about a 160 miles on it mainly test drives. I want to know how the warranty works if the car would be over revved in the break in period, before the first oil change and engine ECU dump?
Also I am looking to put on a SC on it at some point. I will probably go with the factory SC.
1) Is this available?
2) What is the ruff cost of the SC plus install?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You would still have a warranty
Supercharges are available, with aftermarket options being better than oem in terms of hp/$

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm really happy with my naturally aspirated 2011 R. Buy it, drive it, and then decide. There's only 126 MY2011 elise in the USA so if you get one with only 160 miles you're doing good. I got Mine!!!!

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
I bought my 2011 with 50 miles on it. Full warranty for 3 years. My dealership has covered all (not that there was much). A month after I bought it, I started to think that I missed out and should have waited for a supercharged Elise. Talking with my dealer, it was discerned that there really isn't a certified oem surpercharger for the 2011 (I know it's the same engine as last year's). It all has to do with permits and such. Since Lotus was not releasing the 2011 in the US anymore, they let the paperwork lapse (it all had to be redone because the original permit terminated this year, the reason they're not available in the US). Lotus said that they would honor my warranty with the supercharger kit from last year but it might cause a problem with inspections (if somebody wanted to bust my chops they could). So I have held off but I'm still thinking about it. Also, I have been told by almost everyone that you'll get more horsepower from a aftermarket kit. It's been a year now and I have 11,000 miles on my little beast and they have been all smiles even without a supercharger!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts