The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened to all those folks getting "the call" i was hoping it would steam roll. how many actually got called? its not right getting me all worked up then just stop.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Well,
another ship due in this weekend, probably will be some more people called. Still up in the air how many customer cars are here at present, I should think 40 or more, but I guess we won't know for a while yet sometime around Jly 15.
Chris

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I got a call for July 15th delivery, but I bearly dare hope that after all this time there won't be any more delays...

I'll let you know on the 15th.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got back in town from a business trip, when i got home, I had a message to call the delivery coordinator @ Mid Rivers Lotus. He won't be back in the office till tomorrow. Does this mean I might get my car in July? woo hoo! I ordered with the first batch, yellow & Non LSS.....i hope, i hope, i hope:crazyeyes

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
RedwineGuy said:
I just got back in town from a business trip, when i got home, I had a message to call the delivery coordinator @ Mid Rivers Lotus. He won't be back in the office till tomorrow. Does this mean I might get my car in July? woo hoo! I ordered with the first batch, yellow & Non LSS.....i hope, i hope, i hope:crazyeyes
Sounds like it.

Happy for you!

Crap.

:)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedwineGuy said:
WHAT # ARE YOU!!!!! i am at midrivers lotus and also didnt order the lss. but i didnt order in 1st batch but was told that im #11 wich made 1st in the second batch maybe oh maybe i could move up to first batch. or do they do that?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
"first batch" is pretty much meaningless.

it doesn't mean you would get your car in July just because you were in the first 10

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:
I got a call for July 15th delivery, but I bearly dare hope that after all this time there won't be any more delays...

I'll let you know on the 15th.
What dealer and list #, if you would be so kind??

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
atyclb said:
"first batch" is pretty much meaningless.

it doesn't mean you would get your car in July just because you were in the first 10
Yup. That word 'batch' has been the cause of much stress and confusion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After playing phone tag, I finally got through to the Steve Brown (delivery coordinator) @ Behlman - Mid Rivers Lotus. Getting the call did not mean I was getting my Car in July. :( He just wanted to know if I wanted the 3m film. ( I said yes) He told me they will get their demo on the 15th and expects the first 10 cars to trickle in between July & October. With 7-8 cars a month after that.

Steve said they are making appointments to drive their demo, wanting to avoid a mad rush. I'm #4 on the waiting list to take a test drive.

I just got back in town from a business trip, when i got home, I had a message to call the delivery coordinator @ Mid Rivers Lotus. He won't be back in the office till tomorrow. Does this mean I might get my car in July? woo hoo! I ordered with the first batch, yellow & Non LSS.....i hope, i hope, i hope

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:
see the concrete information thread...

but:

Dealer: Silver Star Lotus
Position: #3
No LSS
Storm Titanium
Touring Package

Delivery: July 15th
I see that I will need to hang out around Silver Star the week of the 15th.

Hey Steve, if you are too busy to pick up your car on Thursday, I'm sure that I could swing by there and help you out. It's only 5 minutes from my house. I promise not to put too many miles on it before handing it over to you. [If you believe that, I have a bridge that I'd like to sell to you].

Starting to wish that I had forked out $5K to buy that #2 slot. Except that my wife would have killed me, so I wouldn't be doing much Elise driving.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
jml1952 said:
I see that I will need to hang out around Silver Star the week of the 15th.

Hey Steve, if you are too busy to pick up your car on Thursday, I'm sure that I could swing by there and help you out. It's only 5 minutes from my house. I promise not to put too many miles on it before handing it over to you. [If you believe that, I have a bridge that I'd like to sell to you].

Starting to wish that I had forked out $5K to buy that #2 slot. Except that my wife would have killed me, so I wouldn't be doing much Elise driving.
Given that I'm English I think I should be selling the bridge to you.

I drive by Silver star every day (twice) on the 101. I'll have no problem picking up on the 15th.

The Loan resquest is in (for about 16k) the insurance quote is back (about 1 k a year)

I just need the loan approved and the VIN number (i'm going to stop in today) and I'm all set. Less than 2 weeks now!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:
Given that I'm English I think I should be selling the bridge to you.

I drive by Silver star every day (twice) on the 101. I'll have no problem picking up on the 15th.

The Loan resquest is in (for about 16k) the insurance quote is back (about 1 k a year)

I just need the loan approved and the VIN number (i'm going to stop in today) and I'm all set. Less than 2 weeks now!
Congratulations. I'm jealous.

Mercury guessed on a quote for me, which was a little higher than yours (they figure $550-650 for 6 months).

I don't want a silver car, so I will resist the temptation to drop by and impersonate you. Plus, my English accent is pretty bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts