The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a little over a year of ownership I have gotten some small mods done. Improved stereo, improved A/C, cobra remote antenna mod, race view mirrors, micro mirror, and now my exhaust system! Yesterday I put in the Larini Sports Exhaust System with Slash Tips and the MWR Lift Point Kit adapters.

The MWR lift point kit. Easy install I forgot to bring the instructions and was able to do it in less than 30 min while on a drive on lift. Now I can bring my Elise into a tire shop and have them fit tires on there 4 point lifts. I can put my car on a 4 point lift without having to take off any under panels!

The Exhaust. It was a bit of a pain to get to the drivers side exhaust hangers as they above the mid pipe but it was not hard to do at all. Removal and replacement of the the muffler took me about 2 hours while on a drive on lift.

The Larini exhaust sounds great. Nice low tone with plenty of pops when you lift off the throttle. Its noticeably louder than stock for sure and sounds much more sporty. I had at hand a Larini decat pipe but decided to keep the stock mid pipe and can in place because I am not sure of where I will live in a year and I don't want to have to go through all that pain again of putting the cat back in to get it smogged.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
nice work. +1 on the lift point kit. I'm suprised more people don't have it installed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The only I've brought my car to the dealer, the tech liked my posts, and said it was the first time he'd seen them. He said he uses the the lower A arms (I think, he pointed at to be precise). Those posts make me relax, and put mechanic buddies at ease from the start. Ive easily gotten my money's worth.
How was the antenna mod? I hope to do that soon, I'm getting tired of having to point my fob at the car from a few feet while looking like a cranky old man with a "tv clicker".

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The alarm antenna mod is very easy and well worth the few minutes it takes to do the mod.

I anticipate that the lift extensions will pay for them selves in two or three trips to the tire shop. Labor with floor jacking the Elise always doubled the cost to have tires put on.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Do you have any info on the antenna mod? My reception is not great.
Under the electrical forum go to the alarm/immobilizer section. About a half a dozen threads down there is "increase the range of your remote". Works great and 15 to 30 minute job. Sure makes opening your Elise just like any other car.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts