The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
Ancient Wedgie said:
Here's four elise and one elan in yellow
hmmmmmmmmmm..... Elan S2 was made by Isuzu, and from the looks of that pic, the yellow is suspiciously similar to Isuzu's Proton Yellow. Anyone know what yellow Elans' color was called? Would be sweet if it was Proton!!! :p

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
transio said:
hmmmmmmmmmm..... Elan S2 was made by Isuzu, and from the looks of that pic, the yellow is suspiciously similar to Isuzu's Proton Yellow. Anyone know what yellow Elans' color was called? Would be sweet if it was Proton!!! :p
Transio,

The M100 Elan was made by Lotus. It used a 1.6L Turbo engine that Lotus sourced from Isuzu (sister GM company - Lotus was owned by GM at that time). About 700 made it into the states in 1991, most of which were red. The yellow is known as Norfolk Mustard.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
khamai said:
The M100 Elan was made by Lotus.
Duh on me!!! Of course it was made by Lotus!!! :rolleyes: I meant to say that it was owned by Isuzu at the time. :p Yeah, and the powerplant is branded as Lotus/Isuzu, right?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You're correct - engine says Isuzu-Lotus on the cam cover. That created a LOT of controversy, thus you don't see Toyota - Lotus on the Elise engine.

BTW... As I stated Lotus was owned by GM when the M100 was launched. Isuzu was also a GM company (still is). For more info check out this page...
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/m100-lcu-manual/m100lcu.htm

Kiyoshi

21 - 25 of 25 Posts