The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a lot about the 2007 S stalling at low speed and well mine does it too!!! AAArrrgghhh !!

So, from all I have read, it seems since I can not find any leaks, this may simply be a ECU problem and the Gotham flash seems to be the go to for solving the issue. I wouldn't mind more power....

Any more input? I was trying to message CharlieX, but have not been able to figure out how to do it.......???

Any input or help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

TW

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Did you read any threads from after like 2012? AFAIK the only tune options now are BOE and Inokinetic.

Take the entire air system apart and put it back together carefully. You might have missed something. Whenever I had mine apart about 50% of the time I would get it back togeter and it would stall and the other 50% it would not!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No haven't got that far, a lot of history to read!!!

Dang, need to keep reading.......any hints though on which way to go, BOE or Inokinetic to address my situation????

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I would only recommend a standalone unless you live in a county that doesn't allow it. ECUmaster sells a plug and play and various people in TX can tune.

·
Administrator
2,115 Posts
If you're stalling now fix that before getting a tune. Air leaks and dirty sensors can be elusive. Make sure all of your grounds are in good shape. Have you tried pulling any codes?

Reactions: Nigel07

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
No haven't got that far, a lot of history to read!!!

Dang, need to keep reading.......any hints though on which way to go, BOE or Inokinetic to address my situation????
You are very behind on your reading, especially anything relevant.

It really depends on what you're looking to do with the tune. BOE will give you a tune for whatever you have now, stock or modified. Iokinetic has the Blade 300, which is limited to a specific configuration.

San

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Charlie-X is long gone. I'd either contact BOE or Inokinetic. Either one would have a base tune for stock cars much like Gotham 265 back in the day. It's entirely possible there's nothing wrong with the car physically/menchanically. I've had tunes where I never stalled to some that I did frequently. Nothing wrong with my car. I had gotham 265 on my car and it did run better. I even had the gotham tune for the 2-11 and it ran great. Now I have BOE/Fastworks/Torque 300 and it's a much better tune. Getting 275whp without changing the pulley.

Reactions: Nigel07

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
While a stock S will stall, it should not stall all the time

It is a 13 year old car, things get dirty, worn, broken. You have a long intake path for things to be loose and leaky

I can highly recommend a tune, but it does not stop stalling. My car stalls occasionally now also.

I go to the post office late afternoon after driving to work, 1 mile city speeds. restart the car, drive 200 yards, stop sign. 100 feet, downhill, another stop sign. About 30 percent of the time it stalls at the second stop sign. Almost never any other time, ever. Why? Who knows.

In stock form, it would occasionally stall at a different intersection

It should not stall every day, or even every week or, IMO, there is something needing fixing

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine stalled the first drive home from purchasing. Cleaned the MAF sensor with the electronic cleaner, new air filter, cleaned some of the throttle body and new plugs. Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Charlie-X is long gone. I'd either contact BOE or Inokinetic. Either one would have a base tune for stock cars much like Gotham 265 back in the day. It's entirely possible there's nothing wrong with the car physically/menchanically. I've had tunes where I never stalled to some that I did frequently. Nothing wrong with my car. I had gotham 265 on my car and it did run better. I even had the gotham tune for the 2-11 and it ran great. Now I have BOE/Fastworks/Torque 300 and it's a much better tune. Getting 275whp without changing the pulley.
While a stock S will stall, it should not stall all the time

It is a 13 year old car, things get dirty, worn, broken. You have a long intake path for things to be loose and leaky

I can highly recommend a tune, but it does not stop stalling. My car stalls occasionally now also.

I go to the post office late afternoon after driving to work, 1 mile city speeds. restart the car, drive 200 yards, stop sign. 100 feet, downhill, another stop sign. About 30 percent of the time it stalls at the second stop sign. Almost never any other time, ever. Why? Who knows.

In stock form, it would occasionally stall at a different intersection

It should not stall every day, or even every week or, IMO, there is something needing fixing
Yes, the stalling is very sporadic! It's like the car is toying with me!!!! Arrghhh..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine stalled the first drive home from purchasing. Cleaned the MAF sensor with the electronic cleaner, new air filter, cleaned some of the throttle body and new plugs. Hasn't happened since.
Plugs, that is a good thought, the care only has 13k miles though...hmmmm??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're stalling now fix that before getting a tune. Air leaks and dirty sensors can be elusive. Make sure all of your grounds are in good shape. Have you tried pulling any codes?
Ordering a VEEPEAK OBD scanner , but my service engine light has not come on at all....

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
It is my opinion that it will stall once a month
If you only drive it once a month, it stalls every time you drive it.

Solution: drive it more

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I would agree that the car should not stall frequently. Make sure everything is clean and sealed. If the battery has gone dead recently, it will need to relearn idle. Start the car and let it idle for 10-15min before driving it. Do the same before you shut it off. Do this a few cycles and the ECU should be able to pick the right maps for idle.

If you want a tune for your car, we can help. First get her running correctly...call with any questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts