The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are thinking about talking an anniversary trip to Europe this year, and are thinking about including an F1 race while we're there.

Has anyone had any experience with the group GP Tours?

Thanks -

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I don't but gungodess and I were thinking the same for a Korean GP!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
We used them for 2012 Silverstone. Everything happened ok. I believe they are based out of South Africa?
Did not have tickets in hand until just a couple weeks before we left US but we booked with them six months out. Would up almost exactly on start/finish.

Only complaint is that they glorified the accommodations and the area quite a lot. The "deluxe accommodations" were essentially dorm rooms at some educational center. The food there was marginal. Nothing really wrong with them though. And we Yanks are perhaps accustomed to a little more luxury?

It was most of an hour's drive to the Milton Keynes area where nice places to visit were, and a lot more than that to the race. The bus ride was nice and relaxing though after over a week of driving in unfamiliar places on the other side of the road.

I would use them again though. And experiencing an F1 event has so far been a major life highlight! No way to describe the sound and crowd enthusiasm and excitement!

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Go for it, Erv, sounds like a fantastic idea. I haven't used GP Tours although I've been very tempted and am on their mailing list. I do think they are a bit pricey for what is offered. Which GP are you thinking of? I've done the German on my own and it was no problem to arrange. Just stay an hour away and leave early in the morning. Have you asked Richard about arranging something? I know he's been to the British many times...Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts