The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used pan on this forum a few months ago but it did not come with any o-ring. For now I've been using RTV sealant but this is far from ideal.

Where can I get the appropriate o-ring ? I contacted S111 but they did not respond to my e-mail...

If anyone has the specs, I could source one myself.

Thank you.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Using RTV (or really Toyota's FIPG - Form In Place Gasket) is what Toyota did stock and what I did the first time I swapped my pan. On my second build I bought a real gasket as I thought, like you that would be better/easier. It really sorta wasn't - it's really hard to get it to stay in place as you try to line up the studs with the pan (as the studs come out of the block not the pan). I got it to work but it was in some ways harder than the FPIG. That works great, just make sure everything is 100% free of oil and clean before you put it on - then wait 2 days before filling with oil.

With the gasket you don't have to worry about the waiting period or the dryness of the block (in fact you want some oil there to help form the seal).

So really neither method is great - if you do want the gasket here's the one you want:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fel-Pro-OS30705C-FelPro-Gasket/dp/B000C2EE7Q[/ame]

-Ross

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
You misunderstood the op's question.

The rubber o-ring for the drain plug can be matched up with a universal o-ring.
I have the Gpan1 and the drain plug o-ring is tearing after only 3 oil changes.
-Robert

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
You misunderstood the op's question.
I think you're 100% right after re-reading it. Sorry about that Noxx, maybe my link will help someone else - sorry for getting it wrong.

Call Sector and ask to talk to Matt, great guy and always take care of me very quickly. He should be able to get you one or at least the specs on it so you can pick one up locally.

-Ross

1 - 4 of 4 Posts