The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GPNY Car Show 2008 (<==info is all in here too)

Here it is guys, sorry for the delay!

GPNY is hosting a charity car show in the parking lot with classes for all types of cars! With exciting features such as 0-60 mag being present to a best of class competition with an awesome prize.

Registration is $20, with proceeds going to the Bedford Hills Fire Department. All cars need to be pre-registered before the show (http://gpnycarshow.com/pdf/Car_Show_form.pdf).

Set-up for cars will be at 10AM, with the show starting at 12PM and lasting until 5PM.
Owners of show cars will receive a day membership ($10.00 value) to race at GPNY.

If there are any questions, you can either check the website, leave a message on here or my PM box, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Kieran Roberts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
fo 20$ donation, showing our car and locked in for 7 hours we get 10$ for a day pass? i think thats kinda cheap.. at least a race voucher? what if you have a season pass?

anyway, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Is this event open to the public? Can one show up and see the cars and race the karts if not participating in the car show?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fo 20$ donation, showing our car and locked in for 7 hours we get 10$ for a day pass? i think thats kinda cheap.. at least a race voucher? what if you have a season pass?

I'll talk to Nat and see if we can get the annual guys a free race or discounted races.

Is this event open to the public? Can one show up and see the cars and race the karts if not participating in the car show?
Yes its open to anyone! Karts will be running all day for everyone to race in.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I'll talk to Nat and see if we can get the annual guys a free race or discounted races.
or at least a date with one of the babes working the bar:D

I should be able to make it.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, would be great of members could get somthing else. Guess I'll be up there too. And is there any reason we have to be there almost 3 hrs before it starts?
This is looking to be a pretty big turnout. Vendors need to set up their booths 3 hours before the show, and car owners 2 hours before the show. This way, we have PLENTY of time to park people and if we need to re-arrange cars. You probably could drop by at 10:30 with no problem, if you really need to.

·
Registered
291 Posts

I thought the point of charity was to donate, not receive?

I might actually be able to make it. Hope to see you guys there.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Everyone please PM Wallabyguy to convince him to make the trip up for the show and some karting.....

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I thought the point of charity was to donate, not receive?

I might actually be able to make it. Hope to see you guys there.
i agree! my point kinda seemed like gpny was doing a lot of reciving with show owners doing a lot of the giving. charge 50$ dollars id still come, but still think gpny could do more then a free one day pass. value 10$..

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I have been to 2 charity auctions at schools in the past few months - one at my teenage daughter's HS , and one at the school my 12 year old will be attending in the fall. At both of them GPNY had donated racing packages for 2 including dinner...

1 - 20 of 115 Posts