intrest?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

so during our cinco drive there was intrest for a super track karting day at gpny.

so ive called and heres what i ve found out.

for a super track, $4400per hour + 1000$ set up fee. = 5400$

one track alone for an hour is 2200. though no set up fee.

odiously wed have the track to ourselves.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats kinda my feeling but thought id see what others say, + the level of intrest

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no min but cost will be split amoung us, so more the better to a point

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I mean if we get 10 which is the maximum I'd personally want, it would be $220 each, which is equivalent to 9 regular runs which are 12 minutes each. 12 x 9 is 72 which is more than an hour obviously :p

I guess the benefit is that we get to do an hour STRAIGHT and we get to compete against one another which is worth it.

Anyways, count me in for one track with 10 people or SuperTrack with 20 people :) (it'd cost $50 more per person but totally worth it for the SuperTrack)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i'd make the trip again, if for nothing else but to hold rob up-poke-

how many carts can comfortably run at once on the supertrack? if we can get 20 and its not too crowded i'd be up for it; if not the one track would be fine. not too sure how my ass will feel after an hour in a cart though, i'd just need a few dates to be able to fully commit.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well, I would be in (same thoughts as BM). But since I've never really karted, would this kill me. Or would I be better off doing a normal day of karting first? Don't want to spend too much more then the normal public fees. Atleast that way I get breaks between runs and can talk to someone about my driving or lack of.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
GPNY is for p*ssies...I did some real karting today....no helmet...no jumpsuit....just me and machine....and NOBODY could pass me....

here are the pics....did I mention I am in Orlando?rotfl

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, i did that track!!! my last run i came full speed in to my little sister ha! that was fun and the best part, she could go no where!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well heres what i think. one track at 2200 or super track at 5400 is pricey. i think id rather meet a bunch of you get in line and make our own privet track day. BY 4, 15 min runs for 80$ then eat. waY cheaper and if weve got 10 to 12 people we have it all to our selves any way.......

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so, are you guys meeting up anywhere tomorrow for some karting? You've got me all excited and wanting to go now. If not, guess I can get my new tires mounted.

Plus, is HRM open in greenwich? I would like to stop by up there for a quick sec if they are for something since we would be up in that area.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Was all excited about the rain b/c I could go white water kayaking. But none of my buddies are around and rivers didn't come up high enough. So I thought karting would be the next best thing. So now I don't know what to do. Guess I'll cruise around NJ, get my tires mounted, and watch F1.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was all excited about the rain b/c I could go white water kayaking. But none of my buddies are around and rivers didn't come up high enough. So I thought karting would be the next best thing. So now I don't know what to do. Guess I'll cruise around NJ, get my tires mounted, and watch F1.
if you come up with any ideas, let me know!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm gonna go for a drive around Morris county looking for fun roads to help plan future drives. It looks like 2 other cars might join me around 12:30 at watchung reservation. Probably not worth the drive for you, but your welcome to join.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts