The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone installed this?? I tried just laying it over the oem console and it doesn't line up at all. I contacted Greg, he said you need to remove the center console piece to do it correctly. I got the shifter boot off but that centerpiece seems very tough to get out and I sure don't want to break it. Any advise would be awesome.

Font Parallel Auto part Rectangle Slope

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Part 4 should just pull out. It's held in by a number of the #11 spring clips, which are fairly tight. Watch the A/C wiring on the backside once you do release it.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
407 Posts
Lotus calls this the "centre console finisher" and you just pry it off but there are 5 clips so it requires a disturbing level of force. If you go to VISI and download the Evora 4xx shop manuals its in the interior trim section, page 12.
Definitely use the appropriate pry/clip removal tools to do this.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you please elaborate on the 4xx shop manual? Do you have a link to that? Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
7,564 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
VSIC - any line item that shows Register and Subscribe to download requires a paid subscription to access. The cheapest is £13 for 1 hour. You can download pretty much every document from VSIC within an hour.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
407 Posts
VSIC - any line item that shows Register and Subscribe to download requires a paid subscription to access. The cheapest is £13 for 1 hour. You can download pretty much every document from VSIC within an hour.
Yes, that's what I meant. You can download the entire set of shop/service manuals for a 1 hr subscription. Well worth the cost and something really good that Lotus does for us owners/enthusiasts. We need to support this which is why I don't post the pages from the manual here even though it would be helpful to do so.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems impossible still. Anyone want to buy it off me??
Very annoying. The description says nothing about this.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't fit at all it doesn't lay flat and the bottom near the shifter doesn't line up. Greg said it you remove the center console it should fit correctly. I don't see how it would, but I attempted but don't want to break anything. I wish there was a video on it or anyone that installed it that could give some insight.

·
Vendor
1,343 Posts
If you are not comfortable removing the console yourself I would recommend having a professional help or do the install.
Its held in with the metal retaining clips as mentioned above and like we talked about and those can be a pain to pop loose sometimes.
Removing the console piece will allow you to install the trim without stressing it and risking cracks etc. It also allows any small adjustments needed to be carried out easily.

Here is a pic of the same one installed. They removed the console piece and used a small bit of adhesive on the backside before reinstalling the assembly.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Steering part Light

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
407 Posts
If you are not comfortable removing the console yourself I would recommend having a professional help or do the install.
Its held in with the metal retaining clips as mentioned above and like we talked about and those can be a pain to pop loose sometimes.
Removing the console piece will allow you to install the trim without stressing it and risking cracks etc. It also allows any small adjustments needed to be carried out easily.

Here is a pic of the same one installed. They removed the console piece and used a small bit of adhesive on the backside before reinstalling the assembly.

View attachment 1298267
What on earth is going on with the doors on that car?

·
Registered
94 Posts
For the OP - could you overlay the trim piece and take a picture to show what is not lining up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts