The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone come up with a grab handel or a way for our passangers to hold on-eek-, something like the one in Super Vixen's Murcielago Coupe would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I have people hold the door grip with their left hand (across their chest) and grab under the seat with their right hand. Works great.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Just carry passengers built like Kim Kardashian and they won't go anywhere.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
with the top off i recommend them to grab and hold the windshield ... has worked well so far..

·
Registered
332 Posts
For a minute I thought that was a sweeeeeet interior mod of a 2006 Elise center console Premium Trim package! Woops.

With the targa setup those panic-grab-handles are probably difficult to create up-high. The passenger does require a modicum of faith. I recommend a small bible in the aluminium trough, velcro'ed down, and maybe a rear-view-mirror ornament of a baby swaddling Jesus (I like baby Jesus the best).

Still, if you throw money at it, it can be done. I'd be concerned slightly for the aluminium frame being torqued and wrenched by the passenger if a bar was attached. Maybe one of those roller-coaster-bars that come over the passenger?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I've never investigated, how sturdy is the storage tray. Almost wonder if something could be rigged up to attach to that and something in the center console area. I remember someone wanted to try and attach something to the door at one point and it was deemed to weak a mounting point.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
with the top off i recommend them to grab and hold the windshield ... has worked well so far..
Probably not recommended :no:, with a heavy enough passenger and a tight enough corner you might be looking at a cracked windshield ! The left hand across the chest to the door and right hand down to the seat bottom works brilliantly! Also if the person has long legs they can usually just brace against the door with their right knee and the mid car rib/spline with their left foot, this is what I do when I am a passenger

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
550 spyders had these, I think something off the dash would be cool :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Leave them home if they can't handle the G's :evil:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
wonder if something like this would really work , it would pull the airbag cover right off the dash board I would think? maybe on top of the dash ? >> Get-A-Grip™

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
wonder if something like this would really work , I think it would pull the airbag cover right off the dash board I would think? maybe on top of the dash ? >> Get-A-Grip™
Cool, I need one of those for my new little rascal :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts