The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Donovan said:
Your pics are red x's Randy - I went and signed up - been meaning to do it for awhile - did it a long time ago and forgot my username and password!
Ahh.. I wondered if their software was smart enough. It appears to be so. :) I will replace the pics with hosted ones.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you haven't signed up you are not missing anything regarding the nightfall blue exige - it is a poor pic taken from a further distance - can't really make a judgement if it is good looking or not...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The exige looks good in brighter colors - all the black bits - the wing, the enlarged side vents, the wheels - all contrast well with the bright colors. The dark colors look better with the silver wheels IMO.

·
shay2nak
25,096 Posts
thanks for the pics!

CO is looking really good. Are you sure this is GG? The SELOC forum posts said the exige was ST.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In real life, black with red leather looks good (had one).

Silver with red leather looks good (had that one, too)

Silver with black leather looks good (have that one currently)

Mustard yellow and ardent red look quite nice too.

Titanium is too dark, silver shows the curves much better.

The blue colors don't do the car justice. While they are nice, they distract from the shape.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Suzanne said:
In real life, black with red leather looks good (had one).

Silver with red leather looks good (had that one, too)

Silver with black leather looks good (have that one currently)

Mustard yellow and ardent red look quite nice too.

Titanium is too dark, silver shows the curves much better.

The blue colors don't do the car justice. While they are nice, they distract from the shape.
I passed on black because I thought the car was just too small to carry it off. Tough choice for me ... I really like black cars.

Of course I've never laid eyes on the Elise in person.

Now you've gotten me confused. If black/red looks good, why is StromTi "too dark"? Needless to say, I ordered StormTi ....

Steve

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Steve said:
I passed on black because I thought the car was just too small to carry it off. Tough choice for me ... I really like black cars.

Of course I've never laid eyes on the Elise in person.

Now you've gotten me confused. If black/red looks good, why is StromTi "too dark"? Needless to say, I ordered StormTi ....

Steve
Steve,

You'll find just as many ppl who say that the dark colors look best on the car. Just get what you want.

Jim

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Now you can't tell me that this is Storm Ti. This is Graphite. (he says with the same conviction as the last three times)

edit- waiting for Vantage's approval...:)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
_JD_ said:

edit- waiting for Vantage's approval...:)
:) I know I've spoiled your fun a few times in the past, but this time I'm pretty sure that isn't ST unless the camera really messed up. Pretty!

How do you suppose red leather would look with graphite? I still might have time to change, but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Vantage said:
:) I know I've spoiled your fun a few times in the past, but this time I'm pretty sure that isn't ST unless the camera really messed up. Pretty!

How do you suppose red leather would look with graphite? I still might have time to change, but maybe not.
I'm just messing w/ you b/c you've been right every time on the color. If you don't think it's ST that's good news.

I ordered GG w/ red, so if I have my car before you order, I'll obviously post 'em up. (#12 Matheny). Still clinging to the hope of an August delivery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Graphite Grey/Red

_JD_ said:
I'm just messing w/ you b/c you've been right every time on the color. If you don't think it's ST that's good news.

I ordered GG w/ red, so if I have my car before you order, I'll obviously post 'em up. (#12 Matheny). Still clinging to the hope of an August delivery.
I'm leaning heavily toward GG w/ red. I can't wait for some confirmed pics of this color scheme.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Re: Graphite Grey/Red

Carl AMG said:
I'm leaning heavily toward GG w/ red. I can't wait for some confirmed pics of this color scheme.
The last pic above is confirmed per SELOC to be Graphite Grey from the Birmingham show that's going on now. I think the interior is black though.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
The problem I had JD, is that if I wanted to change my order, now is the time to do it (if possible). By the time your car came in, mine would be ready for build.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Vantage said:
The problem I had JD, is that if I wanted to change my order, now is the time to do it (if possible). By the time your car came in, mine would be ready for build.
Oh, I did'nt know your # in line. You do know that the Denver dealership is getting their demo in GG, but the interior will be black. With the photos from that and some Photoshop work maybe you will be able to make a decision.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Re: Graphite Grey/Red

_JD_ said:
The last pic above is confirmed per SELOC to be Graphite Grey from the Birmingham show that's going on now. I think the interior is black though.
Thanks! It's very nice. I can use my imagination for the red interior. I wonder if it has any special metal flake or anything that differentiate it from a normal metallic paint option.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts