The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
IMO, there is no doubt that this would be perfect with a red interior.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Now you've gotten me confused. If black/red looks good, why is StromTi "too dark"?

I have no idea what the reason is. When I bought my second Elise, my dealer had most colours available, and I spent an hour comparing colors and finally bought the black/red one. When I looked at the titanium one, I always wanted more light...

But after four years of driving Elises, I am convinced that for security reasons you must avoid the dark colors. The car is so quick and so low that eventually someone will run into you.

My next one will be either red or yellow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Suzanne said:
I have no idea what the reason is. When I bought my second Elise, my dealer had most colours available, and I spent an hour comparing colors and finally bought the black/red one. When I looked at the titanium one, I always wanted more light...

But after four years of driving Elises, I am convinced that for security reasons you must avoid the dark colors. The car is so quick and so low that eventually someone will run into you.

My next one will be either red or yellow.
I share your concerns but I also don't want to appear to be screaming for attention in a very bright "look at me" color. If I did it would be Chrome Orange all the way but my wife is dead set against it. It seems to me that LRG or BRP wouldn't be substantially more visible that GG. How about using the approach of always driving with your lights on?

Regardless of color, I'll be driving the Elise VERY defensively as if I was on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Why is it that there are zillions of pics of Exiges everywhere and there are still fairly few pictures of the Elise?

I've seen 20x more CO exige pics than CO Elise.

-Steve

·
shay2nak
25,090 Posts
thanks _JD_

definitely has that bluish tint to it. Looks nice but need pics of the car in sunlight to know for sure.

you have any other angles from the show?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Carl AMG said:
I also don't want to appear to be screaming for attention in a very bright "look at me" color. If I did it would be Chrome Orange all the way but my wife is dead set against it.
I ordered Chrome Orange for two reasons...

First, not to scream for attention, but to scream Don't hit me!!! :wave:

Second, my wife likes the orange...:bow:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
219 Posts
cbolz said:
I don't think the guy in the red Ferrari shirt is looking at the Exige. I wonder what he is looking at?
He's just a fan of Chrome Orange in whatever shape it takes - if you look closely, he's kind of crossing his eyes like he's trying to superimpose the color of her belt onto the car...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts