The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some good photos of the Graphite Grey Fed Elise? Have one on order with LSS and the Red/Black leather interior.

Does this set up come with black annondized rims?

Very excited and hope that someone may have a pict to get me through the next few months!

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm heavily leaning towards Graphite Gray/Red as well. I wish I could see some Federal Elise pictures of this combo so keep them coming if anyone has anything.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA HA HA JD, I like the reference! Definitely don't want a car that everyone else has...that's one of the reasons why I chose the Elise!

Looks like from this pict the GG comes with aluminum rims, not black....not sure which I prefer...however I THINK I am leaning towards the black rims....

Thoughts?

Also if anyone else has some picts out there please upload! The more the merrier!!!!!!

Gratz!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Carl AMG said:
I'm heavily leaning towards Graphite Gray/Red as well. I wish I could see some Federal Elise pictures of this combo so keep them coming if anyone has anything.
Many years ago I owned a Carbonite Grey Honda Prelude. It was totaled at 6 weeks of age by a driver who never saw me. I bought another and it was totaled one year later by a driver who never saw me. Graphite Grey sure is pretty, but it happens to blend in real well with asphalt color, Esp in poor lighting conditions. Just look at the offered photo, you can hardly tell any difference between the car and the parking lot. Not for me ever again.

Steve

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
There's no powder coat option yet- maybe down the road. Showing are euro, early s2 wheels. We will be getting the 8-spokers standard. did you just get in line? what # are you Jason?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sownman said:
Many years ago I owned a Carbonite Grey Honda Prelude. It was totaled at 6 weeks of age by a driver who never saw me. I bought another and it was totaled one year later by a driver who never saw me. Graphite Grey sure is pretty, but it happens to blend in real well with asphalt color, Esp in poor lighting conditions. Just look at the offered photo, you can hardly tell any difference between the car and the parking lot. Not for me ever again.

Steve
Yes, I understand this concern but so many of the dark colors will have the same issue. My wife isn't too keen on the "high impact" colors but if I had to buy a bright color it would be CO.

I imagine if I get a dark color I'll be driving with the lights on often. I realize this won't help at all angles but it's not a bad idea in general.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it does blend in to the road but there have also been a lot of studies on crashes, none but one found color had anything to do with it....by FAR people get in more accidents because of cell phones and radios over not seeing another car.

Regardless, I am and shall be careful....hell I don't want a door ding let alone a wreck!

I am #13 at Desert European Motorcars....August baby!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sownman said:
Just look at the offered photo, you can hardly tell any difference between the car and the parking lot. Not for me ever again.

Steve
Pic above is an early S2 taken last week- how do you suppose that car is still in one piece after 2-3 years of driving? I've had 3 black cars that I've driven for over 6 years without incident. Someone posted earlier in the week that this "color safety" issue has gotten out of hand and I agree. I'm a bit tired of people telling me how dangerous my color selection is.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
how many of the cars in the studies were the size of the elise though....

·
Registered
788 Posts
A benefit to not sticking out like a lightbulb is that it might buy you a second or two to see the hwy robbers with their laser and instant on radar guns. I'll take my chances in BRG, although Graphite is a very cool color.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Originally posted by Carl AMG
...but if I had to by a bright color it would be CO.
i, too, plan on ordering GG, and if not, either AR or CO. I will not be detered from getting the color i want because of knuckle drivers. If they don't see me, they will definitely hear me as I plan on getting the sports exhaust. Black rims will be added on, as well as a black diffuser.

Originally posted by Jasonv44
I am #13 at Desert European Motorcars....August baby!
what # are they at now? do you know what their allocation is? I'm currently with Newport Euro.

thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No idea what number they are at, but Pat (Lotus Sales Manager) said that they were going to cap around 30 to 40 on the list.

I think Newport and Desert are the same company, different lists thank god.

·
Registered
670 Posts
_JD_ said:
Pic above is an early S2 taken last week- how do you suppose that car is still in one piece after 2-3 years of driving? I've had 3 black cars that I've driven for over 6 years without incident. Someone posted earlier in the week that this "color safety" issue has gotten out of hand and I agree. I'm a bit tired of people telling me how dangerous my color selection is.
I did not say, no could anyone be so stupid as to intimate that every grey car is a death trap. Jeez if that car is 2 years old then I must be full of ****. Perhaps I'm mistaken about my two grey Hondas, maybe there was no accident and I just lost them. I also wouldn't think anyone would be foolish enough to think grey car and yellow car visibility is equal, they are clearly different.

I ordered saffron yellow. My first post ended with the words
"not for me ever again" in reference to grey. I didn't say not for you, by all means buy what you feel best about. Don't listen to any of us fools. Happy motoring

Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My my my, if it was any earlier I would have thought someone missed out on their coffee.

Personally, I don't dispute that a grey car is harder to see than a yellow one, however I have had plenty of people try and pull into me when driving a red car.

Bottom line I am sure the color of a car can add to the chance of getting hit, but ultimately I think it's only a small factor. Blind spots, radios, phones and other distractions are what concern me more.

Simply MO….doesn’t deter me from buying a grey car, though I will be on the lookout for dumb @ss drivers!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Jasonv44 said:

Bottom line I am sure the color of a car can add to the chance of getting hit, but ultimately I think it's only a small factor. Blind spots, radios, phones and other distractions are what concern me more.

Well look there, we agree after all.

As to "distractions", I have no cotrol over what other drivers listen too, watch, or talk on. I do have control over the exterior color of my car, and my own defensive driving. When a car is this lsmall I like everything to be in my favor.

Steve

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sownman said:
. Don't listen to any of us fools. Happy motoring

Steve
See, that's the kind of comment I'm talking about. "I did'nt say a grey car is a deathtrap" etc, etc. I know your intentions are good by saying what you are, but in both circumstances the other driver did'nt see you, right?

Did you see them?

Vehicles don't just appear out of nowhere, and being aware of your surroundings is obviously a major aspect of safe driving. To me it sounds like you're blaming the color of the vehicles you were driving at the time of your unfortunate accidents as that is easier than analyzing the other possible contributing factors. My point is that sometimes it's easier to blame uncontrollable and defensless factors such as the color of the vehicle rather than the conscious beings that were piloting said vessels.

I'm anxiously awaiting for your self righteous "I told you so" in the coming months- thanks for your concern.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.