The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing around online I looked for replacements for the melted reflector on cars with the euro rear grills. Found a few places online but I didn't want to pay for shipping. So I called my contact at O'reilly's (I talk to them numerous times a day because we get numerous parts from them) and described it to him and the measurements. Found one made by optronics with the same measurements and center mount.

Oreilly's
Part number: OPT RE35RBP
Price: ~$2.50 each depending on your location

The had them in the local warehouse so it took about an hour for them to deliver to my dealer. Forget waiting on shipping! :nanner:

I will be doing a few extra heat resistant things to keep it from melting again and will post that later today when I finish the install. Here is a pic of them

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured I'd add my melting fix to this thread.

I got some velcro and stuck 2 pieces of the soft side on the reflector. Then I put a washer between the velcro and the grill hoping it will dissipate the heat.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool idea with the washers but the screws are gonna sink the heat to the reflectors.
Might wanna try nylon screws/bolts.
While true, it's usually the outer most part of the reflector that seems to melt around the outside edge. At least the one on my car did.

If this ends up failing, I will post it up, but I think this will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts