The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skiff, Jeff, Darrin & Jeff #2. Great session driving in the rain with Jeff hunting for where it would stick challenging ourselves to become better drivers, always amazed how many folks pull in that first lap as the track starts getting wet. Darrin, thanks for generously letting me experience the dragon, man that thing pulls, even driving it scaled back I had to relearn my shift points as your car just gets there so much faster. Great last session running with Skiff as he rocked dragon.

New best lap time on full track while running with a nicely prepared Porsche 991 then dinner and drinks with about 30 drivers from the day, I'm a happy guy.

Lotus Corps is partnering with Laps on September 15th, come out and join the fun!

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts
yes don't be bashful Ken, lets see your new best ( I need something to shoot for!!!)

2:4X:XX ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

2:47.7 TraqMate data above is from the session with the Porsche, was running low 2:48's while playing with Skiff when he was driving the dragon. There's always someone faster... Just a new best for me.

Just for reference go faster bits include: VF Gotham tune for the 220, Nitron single adjustables, RLS 3-Chamber intercooler shroud done on A048's (maybe they are faster than the 888's...)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Incredibly great time!!! Always a spectacular event and fantastic people.

I guess I can say I got a personal best time. 5 seconds off Ken, but every session was a improvement on the last so I am happy.

It is so much fun to go out and play with some Lotus. Ken, Skiff, Jeff and Jeff and super fast guy in the white Exige, I had so much fun out there with you guys.

My highlight was Ken (Exige S) VS Skiff (in the Dragon). There is nothing like watching artist having fun on the track

I wish more people would come out for this event. I saw some first time on a track people with the biggest smiles that would not go away. Yes, it has that affect

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts
Wow, I have a lot of seconds to find on that track :(
You'll probably find 1 or 2 just with an alignment and if you dump AX6 ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ah yes, Josh is the super fast guy in the Exige. Glad to meet you and beautiful car

And thank you so much jds62f (Jeff #1) for all your patience and help this weekend.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Josh, the seconds to be found should be a :D not a :(
You were plenty fast at Blackhawk which tells me that it's more a matter of getting to know the track than skeeolz. A proper alignment will certainly help and the oil pan is a must for anyone tracking their car so both smart moves. I'll be anxious to play together again soon. Maybe Laps at Road America next month?

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,991 Posts
Wish I had the money to track with you guys...

Anyhow random thoughts...

Just for reference go faster bits include: VF Gotham tune for the 220, Nitron single adjustables, RLS 3-Chamber intercooler shroud done on A048's (maybe they are faster than the 888's...)
Why VF tune? They are using the old charlieX software... The Fastworks stuff from BOE is much better, if you have an '06-'07... I have talked to a professional independent tuner unrelated to either side and he said the options in the fastworks tune make it by far the best software choice in the Lotus world. Just my 2 cents...

I noticed a lot of understeer at Autobahn so I know that I was entering turns slower than I wanted because it wouldn't turn in properly. Hopefully some negative camber will help with that.

I'll be at RA August 23rd (not 24th though)!
Have you tried adjusting rear toe? It is cheaper than new steering arms and can't really hurt! I did that & removed all my camber shims which basically eliminated all understeer.

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts
One piece of advice, no matter where you go make sure you specify that they are not to grind anything or do any custom work without calling you. You can grind the stock arms down but not those v2 arms (you'll get more camber out of the v2 arms anyway)

Don't ask how I learned this :-(

Just to throw it out there, my alignment on stock track pack is:

120MM F
125MM R

0 toe up front
3mm total toe in rear

-1.9* camber front
-2.4* camber rear

I'm probably going to raise the rear a little bit next time to see what 8-10mm of rake is like.

running mid-high 30's hot temps on RA1, rear tire wear is predominately on the outside for drivers side tires and inside for passenger side (I assume body roll on stock suspension and clockwise tracks will do that). It was far less noticeable when i was running less camber last year, but I anticipated more camber would have these kind of results.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My setup. Mine is very neutral

190/50/16 & 245/40/17 Toyo R888's Stock pressures when hot

BRW Sway bar Middle hole

Penske's 2 way shocks

Front
camber -1.8
castor 3
toe 0.0

Rear
camber -2.6
toe 0.50 degrees total

Corner Balance
LF 443 lbs/119 mm RF 418 lbs/117mm
LR 676 lbs/124mm RR 633 lbs/122mm

Cross% 50.41
Total 2171lbs w/half tank and ballast for 190lbs

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Why VF tune? They are using the old charlieX software... The Fastworks stuff from BOE is much better, if you have an '06-'07... I have talked to a professional independent tuner unrelated to either side and he said the options in the fastworks tune make it by far the best software choice in the Lotus world. Just my 2 cents...
I guess with us not spending $2000 on a tune gives us money for tracks days ;) (Teasing)

Fast on the track seems to mean seat time compared to power

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,991 Posts
I guess with us not spending $2000 on a tune gives us money for tracks days ;) (Teasing)

Fast on the track seems to mean seat time compared to power
Haha fair enough except you can get the tune for $1,000, not $2,000. $2,000 is only for the version where YOU can go in and tweak everything yourself.

Sure it is $500 more but you don't need to mail your ECU in. You can install it yourself and put the stock tune back on the car whenever... This also means if there is an issue you can get a new tune emailed to you and you. I felt the extra $500 was worthwhile insurance as engine replacement is more expensive!

Agreed, that being a better driver makes you quicker than power though! Hope to join you guys next year!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
TJ did all my last alignment/setup and has done a lot of great work to my car. He is a master!

I wish I had the ability to do the justice of TJ's work on the track. The car is 1000 times better than I could ever be

1 - 20 of 28 Posts