The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the SF Bay area only--not sure.

Orchard Supply has Mobil 1 6-pk cases of quart bottles for $50.94 and 15% off any single item until Mar 31st. There is also a $12 rebate coupon on display for a case purchase (rebate good until May).

At $31.30/case this adds up to a pretty good deal especially for the track folks who need to change a lot. My store had all the weight ranges in stock.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Wal-Mart is now carrying the Mobil 1 15W-50 again in five quart jugs for $27.00. At one time they were out of stock and could not be found anywhere so I had to buy quarts at auto parts stores almost $8.80 a quart. The five quart jugs are an exclusive deal to Wal-Mart stores only according to an auto parts supplier. :shrug:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^wow. I'm assuming that 15-50 works in our cars?

·
Registered
663 Posts
yea.... I also do the wallyworld 5qt jug. Hate buying anything from them but when it's that much cheaper I can't resist. They have other Mobil1 weights at similar prices.....

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I get my oil from Costco and...Walmart too :rolleyes:.. I'm usually in and out super fast.. I hate that place. It's like people just roll out of bed at that place.. Once saw a girl licking her finger around a ring she put on so she could get it off. Gross. Also saw enough plumber cracks, mullets, and muffin tops to last a dozen lifetimes... Worse was the lady that was pushing a baby stroller with a 3 year old suckin' on his cheetos in one hand and a bottle of coke in the other. And the mom looked like she just rolled out of bed too haha

anyway I digress.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
This may be the SF Bay area only--not sure.

Orchard Supply has Mobil 1 6-pk cases of quart bottles for $50.94
Is there an Orchard Supply anywhere else?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I get my oil from Costco and...Walmart too :rolleyes:.. I'm usually in and out super fast.. I hate that place. It's like people just roll out of bed at that place.. Once saw a girl licking her finger around a ring she put on so she could get it off. Gross. Also saw enough plumber cracks, mullets, and muffin tops to last a dozen lifetimes... Worse was the lady that was pushing a baby stroller with a 3 year old suckin' on his cheetos in one hand and a bottle of coke in the other. And the mom looked like she just rolled out of bed too haha

anyway I digress.
Funny Pictures at WalMart

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It does I used it on my S2K for years and now on my car, wall-mart has the best prices!!
Using Mobil 1, stay with the 5W40. It is a truck/deisel oil, which allows a higher ZDDP content than regular motor oils. It is the zinc content in this oil that protects the cam lobes from wiping on our flat-tappet motors. Use regular motor oil at your peril.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm kinda into Motul's 8100 X-CESS 5w-40 motor oil. Anyone with me? A 5 Liter Jug (which is exactly what our engines need) costs $39.95 @

IN STOCK: DBC Tuning-Wholelsale Pricing On OEM VW/AUDI Parts

Great deal imo and I truly believe our engines run smoother on this versus Mobil 1. Not saying Mobil 1 isn't good stuff.. but for a few extra bucks why not get the best. Just my 2.5 cents.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm kinda into Motul's 8100 X-CESS 5w-40 motor oil. Anyone with me? A 5 Liter Jug (which is exactly what our engines need) costs $39.95 @

IN STOCK: DBC Tuning-Wholelsale Pricing On OEM VW/AUDI Parts

Great deal imo and I truly believe our engines run smoother on this versus Mobil 1. Not saying Mobil 1 isn't good stuff.. but for a few extra bucks why not get the best. Just my 2.5 cents.
Motul is outstanding oil. I don't know the zinc content of the 8100 X-CESS, but if it is suitable for our flat-tappet engines, it would be an excellent choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts