The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... took my 2011 into the orlando fl dealer...fun place to go as they are an aston/jag dealer as well..lots to drool over especially if you like brit cars like i do...the initial visit was to document my dash and to go over my "laundry list" of warranty items..yes,i have all the typical issues spoken of on this great forum...within a few weeks i received a call that 95% of the parts were in so a return trip was set up..since i live an hour and 45 minutes away,they kindly set me up with a loaner for a few days...i was hoping for an aston :) ...was willing to settle for a jag but got an infiniti..lol...very happy to get a loaner at all!!!
the service manager (derek) was top notch as was the tech (craig)...after 3 days my repairs were done and they even washed the car for my arrival...i only paid for the gas and tolls on the loaner...fantastic!! all repairs were done correctly the first time so no returns were needed..i am well aware of the cars foibles but thought a "happy" story concerning our cars would be nice..btw,my wife LOVES to go with me to the dealer since they are located across the street from a high end mall with lots of shops and restaurants...that cost me far more that the dealer trip did :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Awesome! Mall at Millenia is one of my wife's favorite places to shop as well. I always tell her "You go buy what you want at the mall. I'm going to the Aston dealer and buying what I want.". Never works though . . .

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
See, there are many good dealers out there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Closest dealer for me is 3000 miles away. I kid you not, Lotus wanted me to bring it there for the oil line recall! rotfl

·
Registered
396 Posts
World Imports / Lotus of Jacksonville has always provided phenomenal sales and service. Easily the best auto dealership I've dealt with.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What are the typical issues and laundry list that i can expect to incur if i buy a new 2011 Evora? Are you folks telling me the Evora is about like the Elise in that it always needs something fixed or repaired?

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dash was in bad shape..the leather had pulled across the entire length and the air bag cover had warped to the point you could see under it..rear seat headrests had fallen off because the tabs were broken...seat belt warning light always on..lotus enblem on shifter was sideways...door latch recall...horrible leaking in windows during rain..replaced both seals and had to rebond to body window guides...rubber weatherstripping coming out in places along body...i think thats it...most people would be horrified to have this on a new car but i think my expectations were calibrated beforehand...malaysian owned car company built in england...just keep repeating that..
:)
i have owned almost all makes/models of sports cars and i enjoy the exotic looks,handling and feel of this car...get just as many looks/questions as when i drive my lambo...and unlike some others,i appreciate the toyota aspect...2 less things to worry about..hope that helps..this forum has been most helpful...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Park Place Lotus in Plano has treated me well. Not doing bad for a recent upstart/ takeover from the feared & dreaded Overseas Motors in Dallas. Brian, Brad & Michelle have been on point with my Elise. Parts usually take a while, but, done right the first time hasn't been an issue. Brian has been exceedingly helpful. Great job so far...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems Crazy

Why wouldn't these dealers do all these "usual laundry list items" before they sell them so we (those that live hours away) or in my case when I eventually get one...HA Just a thought. Better, happier customers in the long run.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my case,i did not buy the car from Lotus of Orlando...which makes their service and care all the more spectacular!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts