The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Run down to your local newstand and pick up issue #126 of Evo magazine. Theres a great article on the Evora, another article on the Elan+2 and Eclat and then a comparison test of an Elite, Elan, Elise S1, 340R and the 2 Eleven. Great photography too!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Finally got the magazine. Very positive article on the Evora and Lotus in general. Couple of interesting comments like hybrids, sales were up until october, oh and 30000+ Elise derivatives and 10000 VX220s built so far

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice video but you need to take some of their comments with a grain of salt. The fact that they prefer the 340R to the 2-Eleven on th track reveals that they must have never driven a 340 at speed. If they had, they would know that things like the fenders begin to flop around on the car at higher speeds. The 340R is a fantastic looking car but I would much rather have a 2 eleven on a circuit.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Nice video but you need to take some of their comments with a grain of salt. The fact that they prefer the 340R to the 2-Eleven on th track reveals that they must have never driven a 340 at speed. If they had, they would know that things like the fenders begin to flop around on the car at higher speeds. The 340R is a fantastic looking car but I would much rather have a 2 eleven on a circuit.
The owner/editor of EVO owns a 340R, that might make them a little biased

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
yeah I agree

the 211 in the article (& video) was na and they complained that on the road the front was a little light and had a touch of understeer, hence why they felt the 340 was better.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The look of the 340R is awesome. The only scary part would be detailing the beast! I have never seen a car that would be as hard to detail. Well maybe the Elise with the clear plastic body. Has anyone heard of that car recently. It participated in a few hill climbs then disappeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts