The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month’s meet at Kart2Kart was a great success with over 30 people attending – so, we’re doing it again!

Based on some feedback we’re changing it to a Team Enduro – this format should take the focus away from individual performance and lap times and ensure some closer racing with more karts on track and more passing! Although lap times and appropriate glory will still be recorded and awarded :bow:

Location: Kart2Kart in Sterling Heights, website at Kart 2 Kart
Date: Tuesday May 5th
Time: Arrive 6:30pm to 7:00pm to register and get ready for Karting at 7:15pm - we should be all done before 9:30pm
Format: Team Enduro
Cost: $150 per Team or $50 per Driver including pizza and (soft) drinks. Free if you just want to hang-out / watch / heckle
Reward: As last month, there may be Huge Prizes. And continued Glory of Success, Agony of Defeat, etc. etc.
Time on Track: Enduro format means every Team will get one 30 minute Practice session and then one 60 minute Enduro Race, with 2 driver changes required.
Clothing: If you have a helmet / gloves (racing or biking) then by all means bring these along.

Regarding teams - if you have one in mind, let me know, otherwise just show up and we'll assign teams on the night i.e. you don't have to have a team figured to participate! Teams should be based around 3 drivers / team, but if you want to run 2 or 4 drivers, no problem, just figure on splitting the Team cost of $150 as appropriate. And if you want to bring along some non-Lotus friends as part of a team that's fine too.

If you plan on attending, please drop me a PM or email [email protected] which will help me get a grip on numbers, logistics, pizza etc.

Hope to see you there :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for putting this on Chris! It was a lot of fun, and it was great to see such a good turnout too.

Any info on Gingerman coming up?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you Chris for putting on this event, fun as usual, and a great little spin, with the endurance challenge.---Rob yes, Rob.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad everyone had a good time :D

Any ideas for next month, send them my way!

Chris

PS Rob ...... you're not gonna let me off easy are you :eek:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stop press ...... I've been provided with the following press release ;)

Sterling Heights, Michigan
May 5 09

Team Slotus crawled to victory in the Great Lakes Lotus Club / Kart2Kart enduro handicapped by a kart that was about 9 spark plugs short of a real race car. Lead driver Bruce 'Get Out of My Freakin Way' Kopitz started from the pole and never looked back. Backup drivers Ron and Allison Singer enjoyed cocktails and watched TV in the lounge while Bruce drove. They had no idea that the brakes had failed and Bruce couldn't slow down if he wanted to.

Later Ron and Al each went out for a spell and also discovered that they were unable to slow down. Throughout the race there were so many accidents that one couldn't help but wonder if the field contained at least a few student drivers. Team Slotus was fortunately able to remain mostly uninvolved in the mayhem on their way to the checkered flag. When informed that they had lapped the field, Team Slotus blamed their failed brakes and apologized for "taking cuts".

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I'm just hoping to make a MEETING sometime this year..... had a guy out sick, so had to go to Seattle.:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts