The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun is shining here in the Midwest, so time to dust off our toys? I hope so :)

Anyway, Great lakes Lotus Club is kicking off it's (mostly) 1st Tuesday of every Month meets with a gathering at Kart2Kart on Tuesday April 7th @ 7pm.

Plan is to swap war stories of winter survival :eek: and indulge in some (gently) competitive karting action: a great way to knock the rust of your driving skills ready for the upcoming track season :p

For those of you who aren't familiar, Kart2Kart is located at 42705 Van **** in Sterling Heights, MI 48314 - just south of 19 Mile on Van ****, with website at Kart2Kart

If you plan on attending it would be a big help if you can email and let me know using [email protected] so I can co-ordinate refreshments and kart logistics.

Hope to see you there .......

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
At this point, a definite possibility. Are club dues still 40./ year ?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Oops....just got the email.............a price REDUCTION !! What a deal ! everyone should join !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am going to try to make it. As usual thought, everything always comes down to the last minute decision because of work.

How much does it cost to drive. They don't have any info in their site.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I am going to try to make it. As usual thought, everything always comes down to the last minute decision because of work.

How much does it cost to drive. They don't have any info in their site.
Yeah, tell me about last minute decisions !!......... I don't remember how much it was, but I believe it was not real inexpensive....of course the more laps you buy the cheaper it gets.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need to work out a deal with them - depending on attendance, club will chip in some $$$, so figure on $40 for three 10 minute sessions. I'm thinking their practice, qualifying, race formats, with race grid position determined by the qualifying session would be fun.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm curious however, what sort of karts they employ. Are they of the same breed as the ones I've piloted as an adolescent that were adjacent to the local mini-golfery? Or are these fire-breathing dragons the likes of which I've only encountered while eating Funyuns and drinking Mountain Dew in my parent's basement?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They occupy the space between dragon and mini-golf. Seriously, it's fun. Karts are indoors, gas not electric, real top speed maybe 35mph ....... which is plenty fast as it does get very competitive -eek-

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
( As of right now ) I'll be there....no karting tho !....and subject to change every hour....:(

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GLLC: Kart2Kart, Tuesday April 7th

Quick reminder for those nr. Detroit, our first Monthly Meeting will be at Kart2Kart next week, Tuesday April 7th

Location: Kart2Kart in Sterling Heights, website at Kart 2 Kart
Time: Arrive 6:30pm to 7pm to get ready for Karting at 7:30pm
Format: Grand Prix style
Cost: Members @ $40, Non-Members @ $50, Free if you just want to hang-out / watch / heckle
Reward: There may be prizes. For sure there will be pizza and drinks. Along with the Glory of Success, Agony of Defeat, etc. etc.

The Grand Prix style means that everyone karting will get three approx. 10 minute sessions: Practice, Qualifying, Race, with grid positions for the Race determined by best time in Qualifying. If you have a helmet / gloves (racing or biking) then by all means bring these along – it can also get a bit cold at this time of year (due to the karts incredible speed) and so a fleece or similar jacket is a good move.

Two items to remember if you are planning on coming next Tuesday AND want to compete in the first 2009 GLLC Karting Grand Prix

1. Drop me a PM – there is a limit to the number of karts we can run at one time so this will help me manage logistics with Kart2Kart.
2. Register at Kart2Kart using: Club Speed Online Registration and entering event code “Lotus” as this will save you time on the night.

See you there!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope you make it! Don't you have the bag of -eek- BIG -eek- prizes kindly donated by Auto Europe

;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It was great to meet everyone and put in some hot laps in the karts!

Thanks to Chris for putting this together, it was a great season opener. I look forward to future events throughout the years.

Cheers,
Ryan
[the one with the Stig helmet ;) ]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Thanks Chris for setting this up. BTW Ryan, you missed out on a nice hat that you won for your race finish. Should have stuck around for a few more minutes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts