The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great Lakes Lotus Club –
Spring is finally sprung upon us and the snow has definitely gone. The cars are wheeled back out of the garage and it’s been great to see some of them on the road or at the track already.
Our own club event at Waterford on May 20th is fast approaching and I hope to see you there!
Dates for Diary:
1. Monthly Meeting: 7:00pm on May 6th @ Auto Europe, 677 South Eton, Birmingham
2. Track Dates: see below, first date is Tuesday May 20th @ Waterford
Monthly Meetings (1st Tuesday of the Month) with next date on May 6th
Last months meeting at Auto Europe was well attended and a great success – we hope you will venture out and gather next Tuesday at the second of our regular monthly meetings – always on the 1st Tuesday of every Month.

Date: next Tuesday, May 6th
Time: 7:00pm
As last year, we intend to use the internet and emails to keep you up to date, so it is critical that we have your email correct. Please let us know if you make changes to your contact details! PM me or Chris ( chrisp993 )

Memberships Available!
Thank You to those who have sent in Membership Applications – you’ll receive confirmation shortly – and
remember you are now entitled to discounted entry fee for our Track Events AND free Tech Inspection in advance
of the event courtesy of Auto Europe.
Otherwise, if you own a Lotus / are interested in the marquee / have attended one of our events or meetings / eaten
our pizza / drunk our beer / please consider supporting us by becoming a member of Great Lakes Lotus Club. Membership applications can be found at Great Lakes Lotus Club under “Membership”.
Track Events are ….. On-Track
Four Track Events are planned for 2008 – and the first of these is coming up fast: May 20th at Waterford Hills. Be there, or be somewhere else having MUCH less fun ………..
Applications and details for the May 20th event are already up at MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events and if you have any
questions, email [email protected].
The events have a limited number of spots for drivers – and has sold out in the past - so don’t be shy about signing up!
Otherwise mark your calendars now so you can attend, dates are:
Waterford: Tuesday, May 20th
Waterford: Wednesday, July 16th
Gingerman: Monday, August 11th
Grattan: Oct 4th & 5th
See you May 6th & May 20th !!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
John-
I'm flying into town on the 20th, I'll head straight for Waterford, but I'll need a ride or two.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John-
I'm flying into town on the 20th, I'll head straight for Waterford, but I'll need a ride or two.
Hey Let me know !! I'll pm you my cell number.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As fate would have it.... I have to go to Toronto Mon-Wed, so I won't be able to make the meeting :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good to know theres a Lotus day at Grattan. That is only like 25 mins away. I'll be there even though I don't have a Lotus yet. I'll have the SLR though snapping up some pics! :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grattan is one of the funnest weekends of the year !! Yeah c'mon out & you'll still have fun !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How was the meeting ?? anyone ??

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Root Beer Floats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July's Monthly Meet will be held at Auto Europe's service facility, this
month featuring Ice Cream and Root Beer Floats. Tempted? See you there!

Tuesday July 1st
7pm
Auto Europe
677 South Eton
Birmingham, MI 48009
677 S Eton, Birmingham, MI 48009 - Google Maps

Reminder also that our second Waterford event is fast approaching - July
16th - and the Early Bird pricing for Members expires on Wednesday July
2nd. Sign Up Early! Sign Up Often! MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WHA........ noone likes root beer floats ??

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're getting stuff for Sundaes too If you don't want a float. C'mon out !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks folks !! Great turnout ( eventually ) ! ....... Make sure you get Tech'd and come out to the track day on the 16th at Waterford Hills....for more info see the website Great Lakes Lotus Club ( We're VERY beginner friendly--so don't be shy.....we were all beginners once ! )

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have three remaining track dates – and for those of you who haven’t yet joined us at the track I wanted to draw your attention in particular to our upcoming date at Gingerman Raceway on Monday, August 11th, located on the west side of Michigan this track may be more convenient for those who’ve previously attended Grattan, but can’t make our Waterford events.

Remaining Track Dates:

Gingerman: Monday, August 11th

Grattan: Oct 4th & 5th

We are now in the run-up to our second (and last) Waterford Hills event of the year – next week, Wednesday July 16th. We still have spots available, applications and details for the event are at MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events or email [email protected].

Gingerman Raceway: Monday, August 11th

Beyond the Waterford event we are excited to be holding our first ever track event at Gingerman Raceway on Monday August 11th. For those who don’t know the track, Gingerman is located nr. South Haven, MI and Saugatuk, MI, about 35 miles west of Kalamazoo. The track is significantly larger in scale than Waterford – longer straights and wider more open corners – yet still challenging and technical in their design. As a relatively new and Alan Wilson designed track it is extremely safe with generous run-off areas and very novice friendly. In other words, it is an excellent track for novice and experienced drivers alike. Track website is at http://www.gingermanraceway.com; their pictures may look familiar as it is a favorite test track for Car & Driver and other local auto magazines!

Sign up for both of our upcoming events is at the usual spot at MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events. I hope you’ll join us!

Great Lakes Lotus Club
Email: [email protected]
Web: Great Lakes Lotus Club
Event SignUp: MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bumping !!........Tomorrow (14th) last day to sign up for the 16th track day at Waterford........

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Kestrel-Are you going to be at Waterford on Wednesday? I'm going to be in town this week and I will probably head up there for it.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm actually going to make it ! give me a call !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...well..... I'm REALLY starting to not like the aviation business. I got screwed into having to fly to MSP on Wednesday....so can't make it.... sorry Eric !! But I know there are like 30 cars registered. Hope everyone has a great time.... I'll be flying right over top of you about 5 pm. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
337 Posts
John - you need to change jobs!

Looks like it will be a great event - we actually have not 30 but almost 50 cars registered and the weather looks great.

About half the cars registered are Lotus - including Lotus Engineerings Bio-Fuel 265E. Lotus Engineering should also be bringing their DARPA car - although only to shake down during lunchtime, not lapping at speed :eek:

See you at the track :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts