1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Funny -- I was just about to post that site, and ask if that stuff can possibly be officially licensed. I think not. Any opinions?

I'm of mixed mind. I like it, but if it's not licensed, it's not as appealling.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Anyone can tell what the text is on the jacket?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i kinda like it. guess i'll be a guinea pig and get one. if nobody posts more about it before it arrives i will relay all the text info

i see world champions from formula 1

jim clark (1963 & 1965)
graham hill (1968)
jochen rindt (1970)
emerson fittipaldi (1972)
mario andretti (1978)

what happened to the year jackie stewart won? (1973)

looks like the other sleeve shows dates of manufacturers' championships

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
oh you may be right. he won driver championship with tyrell but lotus won manufacturers' that year. i sit corrected

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't know if you guys knew about this, but it is very much worth considering and I'm very happy about it.

Lotus (well, actually Proton) sponsors Norwich City soccer club. So on the 'away' shirts it says Lotus. I've had last years shirt and yesterday I ordered the new one. They are customizable like most soccer shirts with a name and a number on the back. Very handy at club meetings ;) If the quality of this years shirt is as good as last years (and I see no reason why not) I would go as far as calling it excellent :up: Well worth the money :)

http://www.canarystore.co.uk/mall/CanaryStore/topic/topic-24010-1.stm

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Evl, on that cap, is the front portion of the cap (not the bill, the actual cap portion) "structured" - in other words, is that front panel stiff and kind of "high" like it has a foam backing ? It doesn't look like it, but I want to make sure 'cuz I much prefer the caps that don't have that. TIA.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'll check tonight... I know it doesn't have foam or anything, but I don't know if there is any other stiffener (aside from the embroidery backing) in the front. I do remember it had some cardboard tucked into the front to keep it from getting squashed in shipping, which Annette Lancaster advised me to remove. :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
what is the exchange now it seems like 1.5 to 1 last time i had any reason to know.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
mikester said:
Evl, on that cap, is the front portion of the cap (not the bill, the actual cap portion) "structured" - in other words, is that front panel stiff and kind of "high" like it has a foam backing ? It doesn't look like it, but I want to make sure 'cuz I much prefer the caps that don't have that. TIA.
OK, just checked. The front panel is a little stiff, its got some kind of plastic stuff fuesed to the back of it. I don't think it makes it stick up too much tho. Its not so high as the trucker ones with the plastic piece, but not so low as those khaki ones you see. Hope this helps some, I'm not a very big hat connoisseur...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts