The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well no-one here will read this in the regional and hopefully it will be an Elise Experience sometime soon. Bringing a track to Utah has moved a step closer! Some of you can then drive here and experience it!
At 4miles long it looks like a great course for lightweight hard cornering machines !!!
Here is the email distribution:
To:
Subject: Dear Racing Enthusiast
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:12:06 -0700

Dear Racing Enthusiast,

For years you've been patiently waiting for a racetrack in Utah to call your own. You may be one step closer. As you know, Larry Miller shares your dream. Today he will be taking that dream one step closer to reality by submitting a plan to Tooele County for an approximately 4-mile road racetrack.

Larry is working with Tooele County Commission to develop a motorsports park on approximately 370 acres that is part of the Deseret Peak Recreation Complex (next to Black Rock Kart Center).

The track is being designed by Alan Wilson, America's finest track designer,
and all intentions are to bring you the best of road racing in America. The
basic proposal is that the first phase will consist of the track itself, a
timing tower, clubhouse, restrooms, and storage and garage facilities.

The motorsports park will offer track time for clubs and racing enthusiasts,
private club memberships, and will host premier regional and national racing
events. We do not have an opening date set at this time.

There is still much work to be done, but I wanted to give you a heads up and
thank you for your previous interest and support. I look forward to working
with you, on behalf of Larry and his associate, Tom Mabey, to make this
dream a reality in Utah.

Carolyn Ashburn

Special Projects Manager

Larry H. Miller Management Company

Cashburn at lhm.com

Here is the current layout:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, this is the US, so I suppose it will run the wrong way ;) [anti-clockwise]
I'll just be happy I can run at a track that doesn't involve a minimum of a 6hour commute.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
adamant said:
Well, this is the US, so I suppose it will run the wrong way ;) [anti-clockwise]
I'll just be happy I can run at a track that doesn't involve a minimum of a 6hour commute.
Well it seems we have a mix here, I always thought the oval guys went counter-clockwise and the road guys went clockwise. I ran lime rock clockwise, which is the extent of my personal experience. The reason I ask is that pit lane isn't in the infield, so it seems like they'd be servicing the cars from the oposite side as normal.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last meeting completed. The planning authority have given the track a go ahead. The track is to be completed somewhere between June and Septemeber 2005!!
It will be publicly announced in the New Year.
Now I just need to wait until they figure out membership costs :D :D :D :D

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Looks like a great track. Alan Wilson designed my local track as well.

We run a sort of "country club" type of track. We have yearly membership fees, and "greens fees" every time you come out. It's a blast. Nothing like going out on a wednesday (every wednesday is for Cars and Karts), and spening 10+ hours on the racetrack. It's a blast. I believe it's $300/yr and $40 every time you come out. (i instruct, so luckily for me, i don't have to pay ;) )

We also have an 1/8th mile dragstrip, a big lake for jetski racing, and a soon-to-be-developed kart track.

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow those are great prices!
Someone locally had mentioned that a figure around $15k was mentioned in passing. I sure hope it is less than that.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
adamant said:
Wow those are great prices!
Someone locally had mentioned that a figure around $15k was mentioned in passing. I sure hope it is less than that.
no kidding! Best part is, it's 30 minutes from my front door. can't beat that! ;)

Also, if anyone from around the area is looking to get on a roadcourse, let me know. We're setting up a few open track events that should be pretty inexpensive for non-members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts