The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got finished totally upgrading the sound system. I am very very impressed and it didnt break the bank

Speakers-Changed out to 6 1/2 polk in rear 5 1/4 Polk in dash-$100

Headunit-switch out head unit to Clarion CZ509. Has ipod hook up and blue tooth. I love this head unit-$249

Sub/AMP-Blaunpunkt thb200a. $179

For just about $500 I have a great sounding stereo with ipod and blue tooth. The install was very easy....The sub/amp mounted on the shelf behind the seats where the net was. I tapped into the power feeding the cig lighter and jump feed off of the rear speakers. Took about an hour to install

I ran the ipod hook up over to the little shelf under the start button. Put the bluetooth mic on dash top of gauges

I would recommend this setup to anyone. Just enough bass to thump the car but not enough to shake it if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post pics tomorrow...
yes the wireharness had to be changed. Crutchfield sent me an adaptor but I just look at the wiring diagram on the stock head unit and matched it up to the wireharnss on the new radio.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I will post pics tomorrow...
yes the wireharness had to be changed. Crutchfield sent me an adaptor but I just look at the wiring diagram on the stock head unit and matched it up to the wireharnss on the new radio.
Waiting for pics dude! Want to see your install!

·
Registered
821 Posts
PICS OR BAN!!;)

Where did you get all this stuff @?

I'm curious of this Headunit. I was looking into Pioneer's new upcoming bluetooth/ipod HU, but this one looks decent as well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the powered sub...

·
Registered
821 Posts
:no: not nice to tease. pics?-poke-please?-poke-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts