The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's was a great afternoon today in Minnesota, we're wishing we had our Exige today :( did any of you fellow Minnesotians have your Lotus out today for a drive?

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I was driving around yesterday in the monsoon. Had a lot of errands to run, ended up in Cottage Grove, Golden Valley and Lakeville (140 miles total?). Traffic was the biggest problem on the GV side of town. No leaks, ran great, some steam coming off the radiator when sitting in traffic. It's a cozy ride when the outside world gets ugly.

I am also unexcited by the talk of snow ... yes, we HAVE suffered enough.

·
Registered
705 Posts
How soon til the nice boats come out? The next 70 degree day? Have there been any reports of a bigger boat hitting a chunk of ice before it cleared completely? Random questions ...
Al & Almas paraded their big boats by yesterday. They waited for the ice to go. I think the bigger issue is the docks. A big mass of floating ice can really do a number on them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Snow in late April! I think we've suffered long enough.
A friend in St Paul purchased an Esprit X180R in Washington DC. The deal went down early this year, but we've been waiting for the salt to get washed off the roads before hauling the car back. Finally!!, we thought the time had come, so last Friday (4/25) we drove out to DC.

The seller is a mutual friend with enough fun cars to go around and the plan was to spend the weekend running around the hill country surrounding DC, then drive back on Monday. Saturday was in the low 80's, the world is green and the cherry blossoms are in bloom. What a difference.

Then we started getting phone calls from home telling us about fresh snow, closed freeways in western Minnesota, more salt, Aaarrrrghh !!. Crap. We hadn't driven that far to come back without the car, but there was no way it we were going to haul it through fresh salt on an open trailer. So we started calling everyone we knew along the route home looking for the salt-free limit and places to leave the car for awhile.

In the end, it was a lot of stress for nothing as all the salt stayed west of the Cities. The car is home, clean and salt free, but Man!, Spring has been a long time coming this year. Enough's enough already. Lets declare the driving season officially open and get on with it.

Later,
Tim Engel

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i have been itching to drive my car again so bad!! i have dreams about it at least 3 times a week.(no joke) its still at foxvalley waiting for PPE to deliver my header to them. i have got the header, sport cat, arqray single tip titanium, rear panel eliminator, cf rear diffuser, cf undertray, TODA clutch and flywheel, cf daytona intake, lotus sport ecu, moroso oil pan, and nitron sport pros. until may 10 (hopefully) i can only dream. i cant wait to meet everyone at the next local meet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts