The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd introduce myself, as I'm hopeful I'll soon have a reason to spend some quality time here.

I'm currently in the market for an '05 or '06 Elise. The car will be my daily driver, although I'll keep a beater vehicle around for rainy days and carrying stuff on the rare occasions it's needed. I'll admit I'm a little nervous about using an Elise in this role after reading some of the cautionary tales here, but my biggest concern is likely to be making sure I get one with good AC here in S. Florida.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community, and maybe having something useful to contribute every now and then.

Have a great day!

Paul

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Well, I pulled the trigger...I'm just waiting for the check from the credit union to arrive so I can go pick up my new toy: An '05 nightfall blue Elise. :)

Hurry up, USPS!

- Paul

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Awesome! Waiting for the check sucks. I went through that a month ago. I also do what you described. I DD the elise and have a 91 325i to drive when it snows/rains. Wifey also has a 2001 330ci when we need to carry things and such. Lots of people will tell you not to DD it but I disagree. I love it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouragement. Right now my DD is an old RX7 convertible, so I've gotten pretty good at using an impractical two-seater for everyday chores. I'm lucky in that I work from home, so there's no commute to deal with.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Thanks!

Well, I pulled the trigger...I'm just waiting for the check from the credit union to arrive so I can go pick up my new toy: An '05 nightfall blue Elise. :)

Hurry up, USPS!

- Paul
Hey Paul. You will love the nightfall blue on the Elise. It has always been my favorite color, and as you can see by my avatar that mine is also the nightfall. What about other specs on the car? Mileage, touring pack, any upgrades? These are amazing machines. The thrill when driving them does not lesson with time. What area are you in? Make sure you go to some events and drives. There is nothing like riding in a pack of Lotus cars. Congradulations!

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Congratulations. Nightfall blue with biscuit interior is probably my favorite.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

I hate to admit to how much of a newbie to these cars I am...and how ignorant of specs. :(...but I honestly don't know all the specs. I'll post the whole crazy "it must be destiny" story later once the car actually gets here. I knew that the specs I was most interested in were covered:

1. Color. Nightfall blue was my #1 choice, with magnetic blue and BRG distant 2nd and 3rd. That dark blue shade is my favorite color to begin with, and it just looks perfect on the Elise.

2. Tan leather interior. I've made the mistake of buying cars with black leather seats here in Florida before. Never again.

3. Reasonable mileage. 16K, which is about right to me: enough that the car wasn't a garage queen, exactly (no offense to anyone, but seven year old cars with < 5K miles scare me) and has been sorted out, but still PLENTY of miles left to go.

4. Hardtop included

5. A price which I think was very reasonable...and the car is less than a 10-minute drive from my house.

All in all, I couldn't pass it up...the rest is details. :)

I'll post some photos and fuller specs soon.

- Paul

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...What area are you in? Make sure you go to some events and drives. There is nothing like riding in a pack of Lotus cars. Congradulations!
Sorry, missed this part. I'm in south Florida, about an hour north of Miami. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the local owners ASAP.

- Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts