The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. Been viewing the forums for a while now as i am looking at getting an exige s2.

I was pricing them up the other day but also looking at elises.

Can someone please let me know the differences between the elise and exige? Are they actual different sized cars? Different suspension? Wishbones? Interior space etc.

I prefer the look of the exige and its racier mantra just not sure whether i should save some money and get an elise instead. In the uk a second hand 2007 exige s (220bhp) is about 25k (38k dollars) whereas a similar elise is probably about £5k cheaper.

Its probably a really noob question so dont flame me. Any help would be great. Also anything to look for when viewing them?

Oh and two final questions. The 190bhp n/a exige is quite a bit cheaper. Would i regret not buying the supercharged one or is the difference marginal?

Also are there any differences between years within the s2 exige? Does the 2007 have anything different to the 2006 say? Thanks in advance.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The Exige is an Elise with a heavier body (hand-laid fiberglass), with slightly better aerodynamics and a little more downforce. Not much difference. Pay attention to the suspension option pack each car has though, there are differences there (sport pack, track pack, etc).

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The exige has a roof scoop, and a sweeping back to it also it has mesh on the vents instead of the grills. Where in the UK are you? i live in the northwest, maybe you could come along a lotus run somtime?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys. i am from coventry. i was looking at the options for suspension etc. there are a fair few lol. would be tempted to get the car i want (an exige S) and then maybe add the suspension etc later, like a set of ohlins.

I would rather do this than end up getting a lower spec engine or higher miler i reckon.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hmm, you may like Nitron Shocks i know a guy who has them on his Elise S1 and they are rock solid (only 'cos he has them on the hardest setting) but the car doesnt move an inch when taking corners.

And next o birmingham is a little fro for norlog (northwest lotus owners group) maybe you would prefer Seloc

SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Hope this helps

:)
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts