The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Not a Lotus owner yet. Two cars currently in the stable are S2000 and Miata. If I'm so lucky would love to add or replace with an Elise.

Looking forward to learning from the community.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Welcome to the forums. From one past S2K to another, you will love it! What part of Illinois? There is a good handful of us here. Best to use google as your search engine as it’s not the best thru the site. Just add LotusTalk to your searches. GLWS!

Gabe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Welcome. I'm mid-state IL. Where abouts are you?

There are several Lotus on here for sale at the moment, a few are real bang for the buck if you're looking for a track focused car.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
West suburbs of Chicago. Elmhurst area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys. I am from Elgin. Thanks for the tip on using Google. I'll definitely keep my eye on the for sale section.

Kevin

·
Lotus Technician
87 Posts
Welcome Kevin!!

Good luck finding a car you love. If you ever need anything for any of your cars, hit me up. I have been a Lotus tech since 2005 and have 21 years of technician experience. I will be living in Elmhurst, and the shop I am a part of will be opening in Addison on 7/1. https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f112/nuccio-auto-group-service-center-468404/

Also check out the inventory section, maybe we will get something in you cant live without. Nuccio Auto Group - Formerly Motorcars by Bill Nuccio

T.J.
[email protected]
Or
Bill Nuccio Jr. - [email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hope to welcome you soon to the Lotus family! I had a 2007 Honda S2000 which absolutely loved. I sold it in 2010 but wish I had kept it because it's worth more now than when I sold it. I bought a 2008 Lotus Elise SC about 10 months ago and it's even more fun than the S2000, and I didn't think that was possible. Coming from an S2000 you'll enjoy that second set of cams kicking in at higher RPMs. It'll remind you of the VTEC kicking in on the S2000. Like the S2000, a N/A Elise really has to be driven at high RPMs to really be exciting. You'll enjoy better handling in the Elise than the S2000, but you'll wish you had the S2000 transmission. I had InoKinetics install their ShiftR and Smooth Operator cables in my car, and that was a very big improvement over the stock shifter.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts