The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm about to be the proud owner of a 2011 Evora! I can't wait! I'm excited and a little nervous, as this is first real sports car I've ever owned.

It's an early 50th birthday present to myself and as much as I'm looking forward to getting the keys and bringing it home, I am having a little buyer's remorse. As much as I love different aspects of the Evora (hand-built, rare, very liveable, decent fuel mileage, etc.), I guess I'm just not used to spending so much on myself. Any way...

I'm looking forward to tapping into all the insight and info on this site and will post a picture once it's home.

Jim

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Welcome! That should be a great time!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Medford...about halfway between Philadelphia and the Shore.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have spent most of my life never lavishly spending on myself, until I realized how much I enjoyed the Lotus. Worth every penny

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Congrats and welcome. TONS of great info and help here.

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Well, you're close to NJMP for track days.

Also, check into PALS for local events @ lotuspals.ning.com

You'll love LotusTalk for all the info you might need and there is a great bunch of guys and gals here for anything you can't find.

Again, congrats and see ya soon at some local event!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
congrats and welcome

the buyers remorse will go away once you get it;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome from a former Jersey guy, my grandmother lived in Medford :)

Send Pizza!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah...NJMSP is about an hour from me. Been there a couple times with my boys to go carting and had a blast. The dealer where I bought the Evora has connections there and is going to set me up with a free 'track day'.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from a former Jersey guy, my grandmother lived in Medford :)

Send Pizza!
Very cool - a Medford connection! Pizza, salt water taffy...just let me know what you need out there in Kansas. :)

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Welcome! Yeah, that buyer's remorse will evaporate as soon as the car arrives. I just picked my '11 Evora up yesterday and it's been nothing but smiles, even paying the registration fee (ouchy), still smiling. Get in, fire it up, hoon. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts