The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading posts on this board for a few months now and finally decided to post. Excited to say that as of about a month ago, I finally took delivery of my first Lotus. It's an '05 Elise and I just love it. Biggest thing that surprised me is that I figured I might get some looks, but NEVER realized how many folks will stop dead in their tracks to stare at the car as it goes by. If you are a boy between the ages of 8 and 18 - I don't care what you're doing...you will stare at this car. It's like the young boys have some sort of magnet in their head that directs them to check out the car in awe. I was really shocked at first at all the attention, but now it just makes me smile.

Anyway, thought I'd register and post to the boards because I already had to fix something and I'm not at all mechanically inclined. But, using Lotustalk I was able to walk my way through replacing a faltering engine start light in just a few minutes and save a bundle of money in the process!

Next I'm off to figure out how to replace the switch for the window roller-upper (I did say I'm not mechanically inclined, right?) and then to see if I'm willing to try and tackle the fact that my speedometer is registering about 20mph faster than the car is going.

Finally, I was pulled over today doing 60 in a 35. And, the officer let me off with a warning! So, extra good day today since I thought for sure I was about to get my 2nd ticket in the last month and my wife said that if I get 3 I have to sell it!

Anyway, glad to see that a forum like this exists. Lotustalk is one of the reasons I felt like I could get an exotic car and not have to pay an arm and a leg everytime something went wrong. So, thank you to the posters that tell me how to fix stuff, and especially those that post up pictures!

Cheers!

·
Registered
350 Posts
welcome!
sign up for the local club's email list when you have a chance - http://www.clnw.org
we meet at various pubs around the city every couple weeks, with track days, kart meets, drives and other activities interspersed throughout the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts