The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my intro post. I am the original owner of a 2005 AP2 Honda S2000. It's been about 16 years with this car and it's not my daily driver any more. I love the car, especially the simplicity, but as of late I think I may be more interested in a 2007/2008 Lotus Exige S.

I have been lurking on this community, BaT and AutoTrader for a good example. I will likely put the S2000 up for sale this month.

This community seems great and I am glad I joined.

Thanks.

Michael

·
Administrator
5,919 Posts
Welcome to LT Michael! There are many thread that will help you before and after purchase of an Elige.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome, S2000 is a really good car, the Elige is a real handling car.

·
Registered
2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
21 Posts
Greetings from the other side of the lake in WNY! Miss your city up north, hopefully the bridges will be open this year to visit.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
135 Posts
Hey Michael welcome. I ask a lot of questions and some pretty technical and I always get a lot of very tech info back too.

everyone’s Really cool. I love it because I learn every single response. Those who responds send links and very detailed pics too.

I think this group is great. Responsive too.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome, I am WNY and miss Toronto, there is a very active Lotus Club in WNY, the Lotus Owners of New York, LOONY. Lots of Elise owners.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hey Michael,
Welcome from Ottawa. We have a group of about a dozen Lotus owners (a couple from TO as well). Anytime you nearby feel free to drop by. I'm at Mosport with my Lotus on M
ay 12th. I'll be sticking around a few days to visit family and friends. Happy to connect (DM me your email I'll include you on our group emails).
Peter

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Some of the Exige S’s I’ve been looking at are approaching newer Evora territory with regards to price. At that point it gets difficult to digest, but I have a daily driver with all of the electronics so I want my hobby/track car to be simple. Evora may be too sophisticated for me right now. Looking for something really bare bones like the Exige S. Hopefully in Canada too.

I think some 2007’s have 2006 build-dates which makes them 15 years old this year. Because of this 2007 Exige S may be importable into Canada. Before 15 years old Elise/Exige are not importable. Hmmm...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Michael,
Welcome from Ottawa. We have a group of about a dozen Lotus owners (a couple from TO as well). Anytime you nearby feel free to drop by. I'm at Mosport with my Lotus on May 12th. I'll be sticking around a few days to visit family and friends. Happy to connect (DM me your email I'll include you on our group emails).
Peter
I spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out how to DM you. Couldn’t figure it out. Maybe I am restricted until I’ve surpassed some sort of post threshold.

I am interested and should be able to visit Mosport or nearby. Thanks for the invite! Let me know.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh yours must be a different year. What year is your Elise?
My Elise is an '06 - it is in fact the first of 3 Lotus landed in Canada. One went to Lotus in Montreal (mine), one to Lotus in Toronto and one to Vancouver.
The rear wing is a GUT wing that attaches around the rear hatch lid. Hard to find but they integrate with the car beautifully.
I've broken pretty much everything racing this car and upgraded as I repaired it. The Lotus remains my all time favorite (and I've driven pretty much everything). I have no interest in the newer video game cars (as I call them) with nannie sensors controlling the car cause frankly most people can't drive them properly. Sigh - must mean I'm becoming a grumpy old man :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
135 Posts
My Elise is an '06 - it is in fact the first of 3 Lotus landed in Canada. One went to Lotus in Montreal (mine), one to Lotus in Toronto and one to Vancouver.
The rear wing is a GUT wing that attaches around the rear hatch lid. Hard to find but they integrate with the car beautifully.
I've broken pretty much everything racing this car and upgraded as I repaired it. The Lotus remains my all time favorite (and I've driven pretty much everything). I have no interest in the newer video game cars (as I call them) with nannie sensors controlling the car cause frankly most people can't drive them properly. Sigh - must mean I'm becoming a grumpy old man :rolleyes:
Hmmm gut wing. Do you have a link? I wonder if it will work on my 2005 one. I really like that look compared to other ones. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, S2000 is a really good car, the Elige is a real handling car.
Hey from Western Canada! I also have an S2000! 2002 which I've owned since 2006! No longer in daily service either but such a great car. Just want an Elise also now... Good luck with the Exige search!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts