The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Greetings from Toronto, ON, Canada

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  brokenblinker 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my intro post. I am the original owner of a 2005 AP2 Honda S2000. It's been about 16 years with this car and it's not my daily driver any more. I love the car, especially the simplicity, but as of late I think I may be more interested in a 2007/2008 Lotus Exige S.

I have been lurking on this community, BaT and AutoTrader for a good example. I will likely put the S2000 up for sale this month.

This community seems great and I am glad I joined.

Thanks.

Michael

#2 ·
Welcome to LT Michael! There are many thread that will help you before and after purchase of an Elige.

#5 ·
Hey Michael welcome. I ask a lot of questions and some pretty technical and I always get a lot of very tech info back too.

everyone’s Really cool. I love it because I learn every single response. Those who responds send links and very detailed pics too.

I think this group is great. Responsive too.
Good luck!

#8 ·
Hey Michael,
Welcome from Ottawa. We have a group of about a dozen Lotus owners (a couple from TO as well). Anytime you nearby feel free to drop by. I'm at Mosport with my Lotus on M
ay 12th. I'll be sticking around a few days to visit family and friends. Happy to connect (DM me your email I'll include you on our group emails).
Peter

#10 ·
Hey Michael,
Welcome from Ottawa. We have a group of about a dozen Lotus owners (a couple from TO as well). Anytime you nearby feel free to drop by. I'm at Mosport with my Lotus on May 12th. I'll be sticking around a few days to visit family and friends. Happy to connect (DM me your email I'll include you on our group emails).
Peter
I spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out how to DM you. Couldn’t figure it out. Maybe I am restricted until I’ve surpassed some sort of post threshold.

I am interested and should be able to visit Mosport or nearby. Thanks for the invite! Let me know.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone. Some of the Exige S’s I’ve been looking at are approaching newer Evora territory with regards to price. At that point it gets difficult to digest, but I have a daily driver with all of the electronics so I want my hobby/track car to be simple. Evora may be too sophisticated for me right now. Looking for something really bare bones like the Exige S. Hopefully in Canada too.

I think some 2007’s have 2006 build-dates which makes them 15 years old this year. Because of this 2007 Exige S may be importable into Canada. Before 15 years old Elise/Exige are not importable. Hmmm...

#23 ·
Hey. Thanks for asking. Yes, my S2000 sold. Bittersweet. New owner texted me a week later grinning that he loves it. I think I got the better end of the surge as I sold it for just about what I bought it for 16 years ago.
But I’ll lose the seller’s advantage on an Exige when I’m on the other end! Ah well.
Where are you located? Do you have a Lotus?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.