1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cool! What color/year are you getting?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Welcome to the club! Couple of easy ones to start with. Multivex mirrors and the Micro Mirror from S111. Both give big improvements in viewing for not much $ (relative of course for a low production car). The S111 Bootie is also nice to keep things in the boot from damaging the clam or tail lights during spirited driving. If you drive at night, then consider HID's. They are also a big improvement.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the club! Couple of easy ones to start with. Multivex mirrors and the Micro Mirror from S111. Both give big improvements in viewing for not much $ (relative of course for a low production car). The S111 Bootie is also nice to keep things in the boot from damaging the clam or tail lights during spirited driving. If you drive at night, then consider HID's. They are also a big improvement.

Links and pics would be a big help.

Coming from my Cobra and having driven my Mini for a while the stock Lotus is an improvement already.

This seems the top item on everyones list so I am quite interested in seeing what all the hype is about.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

1. Free mod, desnorkel the airbox,

2. Free mod, turn the door lock switch so it operates up and down instead of left to right.

3. Free mod, Adjust the wiper arm so it sits lower on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome to the "club" - we call it that because you can get "clubbed" if you don't use the "Search" function before you post LOL Glad to see another Lotus Lover online.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have some mods be glad to share and meet. Blonde1 and I both have Elises here in Tampa. See mods listed below.

Do not remember seeing anything about lowing the windshield wiper. Doing a search for that now.

Welcome!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent, do we have any events locally?

If not I know for a fact the MINI folks would not at all mind if we rolled in on them from time to time.

I hope to have mine in a week or so. Negotiations are cumbersom at best right now.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Links and pics would be a big help.

Coming from my Cobra and having driven my Mini for a while the stock Lotus is an improvement already.

This seems the top item on everyones list so I am quite interested in seeing what all the hype is about.
I would do a quick search here for the multivex site. There is one that gets some money as they helped set up the patterns and such for the Elise if you buy it through their site. As far as the rest, there are three main sites you need to know for most of your modding needs.

www.sector111.com
www.blackwatchracing.com
www.forcedfed.com

Be careful on these three sites. Credit cards have a habit of jumping out of your wallet when you look at all the goodies. Sometimes you even find your self debating on whether or not you can afford to skip a house payment so you can buy those double adjustable shocks! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts