The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBu6STlhh8Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBu6STlhh8Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
My son has 2 turbo bricks -- a 780 and a 240. We're replacing the head gasket on the 780 right now. It will get a hotter cam and a bigger turbo & intercooler at the same time.

They're so damn heavy, a little bit of rain shouldn't be much of a problem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Great sleeper car... I've ran into many over the past years personally, and just looking at the time and effort they've put into it was a piece of art, and if you can't appreciate them, to each their own.

At a local performance automobile shop, the owner has a LS1 powered Chevy Trailblazer.

A couple years ago, I ran into a Toyota Tercel at the tracks running low 13s. Underneath the hood was a 1.3L turbocharged engine. No body kits, upgraded Toyota alloy wheels (maybe from Corolla?), slightly lowered, and an exhaust system without a big tip.

One of my favorites is the Mitibusihi Galant VR4. Debadge it, and you have a nice 4G63 platform you can work on, although a different generation, I've seen loads of power coming out of the few enthusiasts who modify them.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
A friend of mine worked on a Corvette/850 swap (not sure on which GM plant) for a customer. They were giving the guy some options as to what level of prep to give to the car to make it an absolute monster. He took none of them - not even the interior "simplification". He wanted full interior because after all, it was going to be his family car!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had a run in with a Volvo turbo wagon at a light in my Elise and was owned. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts