The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update as of 7/1/2021- Jake from Osport is not able to make another production run at the moment. When things change where he's able to made another run, I'll PM all those listed below to see if you are still interested. See thread #46 is you want more info on this.

I reached out to Jake from Osport to see if he can do another run of his radiator ducts. I’m still waiting to hear back from him to see what’s the minimal order he’s looking for to consider doing another run. Nonetheless, below are the options and rough pricing he provided me in his recent email to me.
  1. Reinforced plastic in kit form - approx £250 +shipping and import taxes
  2. Raw carbon in kit form - approx £600 +shipping and import taxes
  3. Laquered carbon assembled - approx £850 +shipping and import taxes
Below are some other bits of information:
  • As previously said above, the prices are rough approximations. Based on the interest, the price can be firmed up if he makes another run.
  • Point to point shipping – I’m waiting to hear back from Jake, but based on the last run it was approximately £135.
  • Reinforced plastic option – It’s a glass reinforced plastic component (polyurethane plastic reinforced with short strand fibre glass) and would need to be assembled and painted by the customer, but this could be an option for a cheaper but visually identical product. The raw product would be black.
  • As you can tell, all prices are in British pounds (£/GBP). This is what it is as nobody can predict the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase.
For those interested, let me know and what option so I can report back to Jake. I’d like to get the balling rolling on this so let’s see what interest we can generate by June 25th.

List:
  1. Nobuyasu (San Carlos, CA 94070) – Laquered carbon assembled
  2. Quinzilla - Reinforced plastic in kit form
  3. tut4u2 (Fredericksburg, VA 22401) - Reinforced plastic (raw carbon back-up)
  4. Don Ellis (Big Lake, MN) - Lacquered Carbon assembled
  5. Wakefreak33 - Reinforced plastic
  6. Helitech (Chula Vista, CA 91915) - Reinforced plastic
  7. Bleevin (Port Moody, BC V3H5A1) - Laquered carbon assembled
  8. Anrandol (San Jose, ca 95118) - Reinforced plastic
  9. Okaydel (Jacksonville FL 32256) - Laquered carbon assembled (reinforced plastic as back-up)
  10. Speedwoble (New Holland, PA 17557) - Reinforced plastic (raw carbon back-up)
  11. SpeedyCrab12 (Bend OR, 97703) - Reinforced plastic
  12. BBK (CA, 90501)- Reinforced plastic
  13. xeu3131 (Manati, Puerto Rico 00674) - Reinforced plastic
  14. fliponthetele (Tulsa, OK 74008) - Reinforced plastic
  15. LW81604 (Japan, Postal code: 151-0061) - Reinforced plastic
  16. ...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be interested in reinforced plastic option, prefer these to be body colored anyway.
Wow that was quick for a first taker! :) And I updated the list to include you. Also, please note my additional note I added about making sure everyone know the prices are listed in British pounds (GBP). Thank!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
If there ever is an Exige version made...
I'm debating about getting added to the list and then modifying my Exige clam with the center section from an Elise so I could use them properly - would be a winter project - along with a few other little things I want to do after the driving season

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,922 Posts
I'll warn everyone to get a firm commitment on shipping costs prior to payment. The shipping and import taxes were way higher last round, I seriously doubt they have gone down. I'm not trying to be a downer but I'm trying to help prevent disappointment later. I would suggest getting a firm quote to a California residence since that would be the highest possible. East coast members would get a little relief maybe but it would be good to know worst case shipping and import taxes. Note that current rate is $1.41 to each £ .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll warn everyone to get a firm commitment on shipping costs prior to payment. The shipping and import taxes were way higher last round, I seriously doubt they have gone down. I'm not trying to be a downer but I'm trying to help prevent disappointment later. I would suggest getting a firm quote to a California residence since that would be the highest possible. East coast members would get a little relief maybe but it would be good to know worst case shipping and import taxes. Note that current rate is $1.41 to each £ .
That is right which is why I did include this on my original post. An estimated 135 GBP in shipping (need to confirm this) and 21.25 GBP duty tax (2.5% duty tax on 850 GBP for the CF lacquered) is about 156 GBP or about $221 USD as of the date/time of this post.

But we’ll hit this road if we can stir up enough interest for a 2nd run. Also maybe someone can chime in that was part of the 1st run on how much it cost to ship (duty tax included) to California, and for East Coast such as Florida area?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interested in Re enforced plastic for me so I can have it paint matched. Pending shipping costs to California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
View attachment 1289469 View attachment 1289470 View attachment 1289471
These covers are amazing. Are these the ones you guys are referring to?
I'm so hating myself for not getting into the 1st group buy. I really like the contrast with yours...the white and gloss CF look. I've been scouring the net looking for what a black (starlight preferred) with these radiator ducts look like, but no avail. Also, I might go overkill this time around an buy both versions in case I want to go the painted route.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
14 Posts
I would be interested in the Laquered carbon assembled pending shipping costs to Vancouver, Canada.
Also could be intersted in the Reinforced plastic in kit form if it looks presentable in the unpainted form.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts