The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would be interested in the Laquered carbon assembled pending shipping costs to Vancouver, Canada.
Also could be intersted in the Reinforced plastic in kit form if it looks presentable in the unpainted form.
I'll ask Jake at Osport about the finished quality for the reinforced plastic part. However, it may take a bit to hear back because I haven't heard back from him about my other questions. So I think he's busy with his real day job.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks like this time around we are equally split between the finished assembled CF and plastic composite. I guess the quoted price on the plastic composite has a lot to do with it. Last time it was alot higher I believe.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We’re down to the final week. Let’s see if we can get more interest that will help ensure it’s worth Jake’s time for a 2nd production run. 🙂

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
44 Posts
FYI, I get really cheap shipping rates through work. Reading through the old post, that was mentioned as one way to save shipping: ship all to one place in the states, then re-ship. If it makes sense, I am willing to reship.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
For those on the list and future people that are interested, can you provide me the city/zip code and State you are in? I'm thinking this will help us figure any shipping logistics if needed. I plan to update our list with this information. Note - your street mailing address is NOT needed at this time. If you prefer me to list only your State, please let me know when you PM me your information. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
For those on the list and future people that are interested, can you provide me the city/zip code and State you are in? I'm thinking this will help us figure any shipping logistics if needed. I plan to update our list with this information. Note - your street mailing address is NOT needed at this time. If you prefer me to list only your State, please let me know when you PM me your information. Thanks!
Chula Vista, CA 91915

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Elise SC
50 Posts
Jacksonville FL 32256

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
This is the last day for me to gather interest before reaching out to Jake. So far we have the following: 1) Reinforced Plastic @ 8 qty, and 2) Lacquered Carbon assembled @ 4 qty.

Few reminders to all…
• This group buy is to see if we can generate interest for Jake to make another production run. And is so, as to whether he’s willing to make both options in his production run is up to him.
• Shipping cost is a concern to some. So we’ll get this nailed down before any payment commitment is make.
• Location Info - By providing your Zip Code/City and State in which the duct will be shipped to will be helpful. This will help me get more accurate shipping quotes from Jake to share with you all. Also, possible allow us figure out other cost effective shipping methods as discussed through this thread.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can anyone describe how these are attached? I assume they use at least one of the holes in the spine that the stock access panels attach to, as well as the machine screw that holds down the stock access panel. Are they attached anywhere else?

How easily are they removed? I'm primarily interested in speeding up front clam removal. Currently, the access panels come off quickly. The stock grills aren't terribly slow to come off but are a real pain to put back on. If these would save a step, I could be enticed to buy a reinforced plastic set.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Each panel locks into 3 points unto the clam:

1. Into the original outboard screw location where the access panels bolt into.
2. On the inboard end there is a similarly added attachment point that uses an existing hole in the clam with a threaded boss provided.
3. The third point prevents the panel from lifting on the FWD edge, they add a screw that goes into the center channel where the original acces panels slide into. I had to modify this as mine didnt quite lock into place there.

I'll try and get some pictures later for you.

I was an early adopter of the panels before he stopped production so not sure if anything has changed since his original design.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can anyone describe how these are attached? I assume they use at least one of the holes in the spine that the stock access panels attach to, as well as the machine screw that holds down the stock access panel. Are they attached anywhere else?
How easily are they removed? I'm primarily interested in speeding up front clam removal. Currently, the access panels come off quickly. The stock grills aren't terribly slow to come off but are a real pain to put back on. If these would save a step, I could be enticed to buy a reinforced plastic set.
They attach with 2 bolts at the top using the existing access panel holes, a slide in tab a the bottom and (loosely) via a bolt at the bottom of the spine. They replace access panels AND the grills. They come off really fast. Putting them on is easy too but you have to line up some extenders and make sure the switches under the access panels are depressed enough to not trip the immobilizer (depending on the sensitivity of your switch you might need to tape something like firm styrofoam to the duct so that it presses the switch).

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
See thread # 137 & 140 in the link below. I hope this helps answer your question.

Group Buy: Lotus Elise S2 Toyota/Federal Radiator exit ducts

21 - 40 of 49 Posts